for your viewing pleasure and amazement :)

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy' started by laurieaw, May 24, 2006.

1. laurieaw

laurieaw Sorceress of the North

[​IMG]

i could not quite hold it all the way to work, i was fighting an in-your-face, stand-you-straight-up headwind, but did pull into the lot at 59.8. :D

2. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I also have the same problem - great start, but it gets harder and harder to maintain that plateau.

3. laurieaw

what makes me pleased with this one is that the entire tank has been getting better. i have kept it going for over 450 miles......maybe just a little more air in those tires :)

4. Hot Georgia

Hot Georgia Well-Known Member

Oh yea, keep going!

5. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

Wow, well I think you won the match! Nice to see you here btw.
    But do be careful taking photos while driving.

6. laurieaw

nope, pulled over for this shot. delta flyer is the master of shooting while driving....unfortunately when he shoots large trucks, it's only with a camera :D

7. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Yesterday, someone gave me the evil idea of mounting tazers on the front bumper using the hybrid battery pack as an energy source. :p

8. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tarabell:
    ___I think I need to speak with Laurie about taking pics while the car is idling instead of in AS ;)

___Laurie, nice job and I am glad to see you are back out on the road after your winter lay-up. I am pleasantly encouraged seeing these types of segments and tanks from both you and Tarabell as of late so please do not stop posting and pushing as you are blazing a trail for those to follow for the betterment of us all!

___Good Luck

___Wayne

9. laurieaw

wayne, i think the autostop light was just out of the pix, because i for sure was in it. or maybe i was still doing a slow roll where i pulled off the road. for a while i couldn't get an autostop, but then realized i wasn't pushing my foot all the way to the floor. it's the knee that had surgery, and i am still testing it's limits. but sure that if not in that shot, it was autostopped shortly after it, because it beeped at me when i got out to put the camera in the trunk :)

thanks for the kudos, i love a challenge like this. by the time i got home tonight, it was back above 60...headwind was gone.

10. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

laurie, central minnesota,

Hi Laurie and nice to see you here at CleanMPG with all the gang.

Not bad FE either, BTW. :D

11. laurieaw

tanks, tiger....already got 625 on the tank with 3 bars left, but will have to fill tomorrow....

12. laurieaw

ok, final fill on that tank came up with 57.45mpg., so my gauge is about 2.5mpg off of real time, kind of what a suspected. i am still very pleased.

13. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Laurie;

Great job as usual from you. :D I'm glad you made your way over here to Clean with everyone.

Congrats on the Tank. :D