2024 Fiat 500e Redo Arriving Soon

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Feb 26, 2024.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] A non-competitive compliance vehicle that will prove to be yet another strategic misstep long before it reaches our shores. :(

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Feb. 21, 2024

2024 Fiat 500e

[​IMG]
    Here we go again. It will not end well.​

The first all-electric Fiat 500e vehicles destined for the United States rolled off the line this week at the Mirafiori Assembly Plant in Turin, Italy. The two-door, battery-electric vehicle (BEV) sold out its first dealer allocation in less than a week.

The Fiat 500e will arrive on this side of the Atlantic by the end of Q1 as the first North American BEV offering from Stellantis.

The Fiat 500e delivers an estimated range of 149 miles with its 42-kWh battery and a 11 kW Level 2 port. Charge time of four hours and 15 minutes is expected.

In Europe, the 500e is leading the electric city-car market for the second year in a row as FIAT’s most awarded vehicle ever. Ranking first in Italy, Germany, Spain, Belgium and Austria, its massive success is creating a highly anticipated launch in North America.

FIAT is beginning the introduction of the Fiat 500e to North America with one model, the (RED) Edition. It features red-painted exterior mirrors, LED headlamps and front grille details, sitting on 17” alloys. Inside, a red dashboard is the focal point. Available exterior colors are Tuxedo Black, Glacier White and Red by (RED). Every time a (RED) product is purchased.

The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2024 Fiat 500e is $32,500, not including $1,595 destination. Every Fiat 500e includes a Level 2 charging wall unit.

Ok, that is the hype. The 500e will never sell here just as the last one with 87 miles of all-electric range rating that started at nearly the same price, $32,650 did not. In May of 2014, then CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobile (FCA), Sergio Marchionne, said they would lose $14,000 for each one sold and asked perspective buyers not to consider it. By Oct. of 2017, the loss per vehicle had risen to $20,000. It was nothing more than a hopeful "compliance vehicle" so FCA could continue to sell its SUV and pickup-trucks. The 500e’s release was a disaster. Not only was it an ill handling, slow, short range, and slow charge micro, sales were so low that by the end of its availability, FCA was offering it for $39/month on lease! This 500e Redo offers little over the first one at a time when the EV market has vastly improved. Just yesterday I posted about the 361-mile range, Hyundai Ioniq 6 retailing for just $36,100. A real BEV with excellent performance, world class charging times, the most modern infotainment, and awards stacked up from journalists the world over. How is a 2-door compliance BEV supposed to compete against that?

In conclusion, how many times do you have to drive head on into a solid brick wall before you stop driving into the brick wall? Stay far away from this offering. I feel terrible for the few Stellantis Fiat dealerships that were willing to place this on their lot.

2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6

[​IMG]
    A far better choice.​

BillLin likes this.
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

What price do you think these will sell for in USA ?

149 miles is more than enough range for me.

Never mind. The Ioniq 6 is your best bet for an EV.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  3. xcel

Hi All:

In late February, the first all-electric Fiat 500e destined for the US rolled off the line from the Mirafiori Assembly Plant in Turin, Italy.

An all-new, all-electric Fiat 500e will arrive on this side of the Atlantic at any time as the first North American BEV offering from Stellantis.

[​IMG]

The lightest passenger BEV in the market, the Fiat 500e delivers an estimated range of 149 miles, enabled by a 42 kilowatt-hour (kWh) battery with a Level 2 (11-kW) charge time of six hours (30 amp). All by far well behind its competitors.

In Europe, the 500e is leading the electric city-car market for the second year in a row as FIAT’s most awarded vehicle ever. Ranking first in Italy, Germany, Spain, Belgium and Austria, its massive success is creating a highly anticipated launch in North America.

FIAT is beginning the introduction of the Fiat 500e to North America with the (RED) Edition. FIAT has partnered with (RED) to introduce the most ethical car in urban mobility, with features including red-painted exterior mirrors, LED headlamps and front grille details, sitting on 17” diamond-cut alloys. Inside, a red dashboard is the focal point. Available exterior colors include Tuxedo Black, Glacier White and Red by (RED). Every time a (RED) product is purchased, a donation to the Global Fund to support life-saving prevention and treatment programs in communities most in need.

The MSRP for the 2024 Fiat 500e is $32,500 + $1,595 D&H, and it is positioned to take advantage of government tax rebates in participating states. But not the $7,500 Fed Tax credit. Every Fiat 500e includes an L2 charging wall unit or public charging credits.

Still DOA here in the U.S. no matter they hype. :(

Wayne

litesong and BillLin like this.
  4. xcel

Hi All:

FIAT announced its next all-electric 500e trims. Two new models join the (500e) RED edition: “Inspired By Beauty” and “Inspired By Music”. Neither trim move the bar in terms of being competitive with the likes of Hyundai/Kia, Ford, or GM.

“Inspired By Music” 2024 Fiat 500e

[​IMG]

“Inspired By Beauty” is derived from the unique color rose gold. Exterior design features include body-color mirror caps and chrome daylight opening (DLO) molding. On the inside, style meets comfort with beige eco-leather seats, soft-touch steering wheel and a leather wrapped dashboard. Pricing for the “Inspired By Beauty” starts at $36,000, + $1,595 D&H.

“Inspired By Music” reverberates the cinquecento and Andrea Bocelli. Covered in Piano Black paint, “Inspired By Music” pays tribute to the world's most beautiful music with a JBL 7-speaker, amplified audio system with subwoofer.

Pricing for the Inspired By Music model starts at $36,000 + $1,595 D&H.

The “Inspired By” models will arrive with Level 2 active driving system for the first time on a FIAT model in North America. Just like everybody else has provided for years with Adaptive cruise and Lane Keep Assist. The Fiat 500e is the first all-electric car in its segment to offer Level 2, hands-on driver assist technology. There is no other EV in its class as the only micro.

Every Fiat 500e includes FIAT telematics with three years of real-time Fiat 500e smartphone app connectivity.

On the road, the 500e boasts 117 hp and 162 lb.-ft. of torque, reaching 0-60 in 8.5 seconds, providing good performance.

New is the addition of a, 85 KW DCFC port to go along with the standard 11-kW on-board charger. Estimated charge time from 0-80% is approximately 35 minutes with an 85-kW DC fast charge; estimated time from 0-100% is six hours with a Level 2 (11-kW) charging station.

The 500e Inspired By models arrive in FIAT showrooms in North America starting in Q3 of 2024.

Wayne

5. xcel

Hi All:

FIAT has launched the 500e BETA Club as part of the all-electric city car’s arrival in North America. This program rewards FIAT customers and enthusiasts with the privilege of being among the first to receive their Fiat 500e battery-electric vehicle (BEV). The program also provides valuable insights from previous-gen 500e owners who have experience with a city car and its benefits. The few that did? Any? Someone?

[​IMG]

The FIAT BETA Club was developed to reward purchasers for introducing the first Stellantis BEV in North America. As early adopters, FIAT BETA Club members get a direct line to the brand, where they can share feedback, gain VIP access to FIAT events and use a dedicated customer care chat channel. In addition, their 500e all-electric vehicles feature unique design elements that include bespoke mirror caps and special badging exclusive to the FIAT BETA Club limited series.

FIAT BETA Club members began taking delivery of their vehicles yesterday.

Wayne

6. litesong

litesong litesong

I really need a larger battery than 42kW-hr. Not that I need to travel further than 150miles at a time. But, that I will have 30% of battery left at the end of my trip, while charging only to 75% at the beginning. Also, I only want the 11 kW charger. I bet my 17 inch tires might fit the Fiat....or NOT. Larger diameter tires will allow the Fiat "city car" to run the highways nicely. As I've stated, any EV I buy has to be under 14feet long, so I can qualify for the Washington state Ferry "short vehicle' discount. But, NOT getting the Fed Tax credit (I will qualify only once), kills any purchase by me. Looks like the 2025 Chevy Bolt EV(receiving the $7500 credit), will be lengthened beyond 14 feet. My options dwindle, if the Fiat won't be shipped to the US. Maybe the Renault EV will end up in the US, but probably not receiving the tax credit.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    xcel likes this.
  7. xcel

Hi All:

Here is why this will not fly...

Fiat Q1 2024 US Sales

500 - 41 sold in the Q1 of 2024.
    500L - 0 sold in the Q1 of 2024.
    500X - 113 sold in the Q1 of 2024.
    Spider - 0 sold in the Q1 of 2024.
    Fiat Brand Totals: 154 sold in the Q1 of 2024.

Why is Stellantis even bothering with this anymore? The cost to keep a Fiat dealership alongside or within a DCJR dealer is killing their dealerships, let alone the brand, and the company! :(

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  8. litesong

litesong litesong

CR says of the Fiats....stiff ride. Maybe in Europe, owners carry more passengers, which may ease the ride a bit. But, too many solo drivers in the US.
    The cabin is noisy. Hey, I'm losing my hearing.
    Bad visibility. If no one is in front of me, I drive forward. If I can't see out the back, I just close my eyes & lane change. I'm too old to change habits now.
    Vibrates when idling. My arthritis don't feel nuthin.
    Unsupportive seats. My bad back is so misshapen, that I bet the seats fit me fine. & I don't corner fast.
    Even with the 2.4liter engine, the unsmooth nine speed transmission only pretends it works in a timely fashion. I don't go over 60MPH anyhow. If I try a quarter mile, I don't mind dying of old age before I get to the finish line.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    xcel likes this.