Uncertainty

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dorean Clarke, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Well-Known Member

Uncertainty is all around us, never more so than today. The pandemic has increased uncertainty over the economy, employment, finances, relationships, and of course, physical and mental health. Yet as human beings, we long for security. We want to feel safe and have a sense of control over our lives and well-being. Fear and uncertainty can leave you feeling stressed, anxious, and powerless over the direction of your life and it slowly drains you emotionally. Anyone has this feeling, if so can you share your experiences on how to handle this?

xcel and BillLin like this.
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Dorean:

As a Rideshare driver, I am taking risks but do interact with tens to hundreds of people a week. It is probably the only outside interaction I am exposed to and is enough to keep me sane.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  3. Dorean Clarke

I appreciate your answer. Thanks, xcel.

4. Dorean Clarke

I do take risks as well every day but as long as you know the procedure, you'll be safe. I have this article that I found yesterday https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/mental-health-non-healthcare.html I hope this helps.

5. Dorean Clarke

I would like to hear more about it because I want to know about your experiences.

6. litesong

litesong litesong

Conversely, I interact with nearly no one. My son-in-law, who lived with us for 2 years, moved out 4 months ago(not due to ccp coronavirus). Even with him, I now wear a mask, when he comes over to see his mom, grandma & me.

Oh, oh. Dawn Wells from Gilligan’s Island died, due to ccp coronavirus! :(

7. Dorean Clarke

That's bad news :( Wish we could turn back time. How are you right now, litesong?

xcel, litesong and BillLin like this.
  8. litesong

litesong litesong

Our immediate families are good. Now I am good after 3 quick bouts with my bad back. But my wife’s cousin, that I mentioned in the long ccp coronavirus thread, has died of ccp coronavirus after being on a ventilator.
    I hope everyone here (& their families) can steer away from ccp coronavirus. World ccp coronavirus now has passed 1/12th of 1billion cases & is approaching 1/5th of 10,000,000 deaths. It is often stated that people with pre-existing conditions are at major risk. But, I read about a young body-builder who was in great condition, died of ccp coronavirus. & many other people in good shape with no weaknesses have also died. Everybody has to cut down their interactions, not just for one’s own sake, but for the sake of the World.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. BillLin

BillLin PV solar, geothermal HVAC, hybrids and electrics

Agreed.

Is stupidity or selfishness a pre-existing condition? I think so. Those that don't believe in wearing a mask or acting accordingly (self-isolation) while awaiting test results or having been tested positive for COVID... They're putting everyone else at greater risk. My wife's being tested today (now in self-isolation) because of a contact chain 2 connections back that didn't notify or act accordingly. They later confessed to being COVID positive so everyone's now scrambling.

xcel, RedylC94 and litesong like this.
  10. litesong

litesong litesong

It does appear that a surprisingly high percentage of flat-earthers are dying of ccp coronavirus.....AND also deny they are dying of ccp coronavirus.o_O:rolleyes:

xcel, RedylC94 and BillLin like this.
  11. Dorean Clarke

Don't mind them, they have their own ways of living...

BillLin, xcel, RedylC94 and 1 other person like this.
  12. some_other_dave

some_other_dave Well-Known Member

Youtube. Waaaaay too much youtube in my life now.

At least I've gotten into some interesting new music that way! I never knew there was such a healthy amount of psychedelic rock/stoner metal in Europe!

-soD

EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  13. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

YouTube is my go-to place for hearing new and old music.
    I also spend a lot of time there. Sure , there is a few seconds of commercials ,
    but without those I wouldn't get to see any commercials at all.

BillLin likes this.