Auto-stop disengaging randomly

Discussion in 'Honda Hybrids' started by 05speedhch, Oct 22, 2014.

1. 05speedhch

05speedhch New Member

Hi all,

'05 Civic HCH1, 5spd.

I've noticed lately that when I'm in auto-stop, sometimes the slightest movement of my body will cause autostop to disengage. The annoying part is, there doesn't seem to be a way to re-engage it without actually driving the car a bit.

A good example is pulling up to a drive-through ATM; the car will slow and AS will engage. I'll full stop by the ATM, and when I twist my body (maybe SLIGHTLY shifting my foot on the brake pedal, but NOT lifting it) to get my wallet, the car will restart.

A friend recommended checking to see if maybe I have a minor brake line leak (maybe the car is mis-reading brake pressure?)

Any other thoughts? Is there a way to get AS to re-engage once this happens without actually moving the car (or shutting it off manually?)

Thanks!

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi 05Speedhch:

It has been a while but a movement of the wheel causes current flow to the EPS and that may trigger the ICE restart. I do not remember the particulars for the 05 but to reset the AS, a certain speed - 6-mph??? - may need to be reached for another AS event to occur.

IHTHs but it has been a long time since dridriving one.

Wayne