Wiper blades

Discussion in 'Honda Hybrids' started by mmrmnhrm, Aug 18, 2014.

1. mmrmnhrm

mmrmnhrm Well-Known Member

Surprised I didn't see a thread on this already, but has anyone come up with a good replacement wiper blade for the HCH2 instead of buying Honda's "refill" rubber? Last time I tried (forget if it was Anco or Bosch I used), the center wiped nicely, but both edges lifted up off the glass and left water behind.

2. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

3. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I've had very good results with Honda's "refill". If the original inserts lasted five years ( and they did) , I think I can get another five from the same kind. $7.00 each.

4. mmrmnhrm

Either your dealership is selling them at cost, or my dealership is attempting to set stealership margin records.

5. EdwinTheMagnificent

Honda dealer prices on retail items like that vary. I was lucky enough to find a dealership that had a reasonable price.

6. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Well-Known Member

I was just thinking as the ones on the Prius are 5 years old and still working , no problems but , nothing last forever
    Refills or new blades :confused:

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

OEM wiper blades go a long time in my experience. I think it helps to periodically clean the windshield with an automotive glass cleaner, something with some film busting solvents in it. Clean the wiper blades too. Also, our cars spend most of their life garaged, out of the sun, likely a factor.

8. EdwinTheMagnificent

And Rain-X , too. That alone will extend your wiper life. I use it several times per year ( if I remember).

9. mmrmnhrm

I always make a point of using the sponge/squeegee on my windows and wipers while filling up the tank to scrub any sort of bug residue or abrasive dirt off. The blades have generally lasted me about 2-3 years, since last winter was the first it ever got to spend in a garage rather than parked in an apartment lot, I'm just tired of paying my dealership's prices for them. Rain-X is something I love, probably too much so because I'm always putting too much on and leaving an awful haze even after wiping it down a couple of times :(