Good Bye HCHII...Hello Volt!

Discussion in 'Honda Hybrids' started by Jess, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

I finally got the green light from my wife to get rid of the HCHII with the ailing pack this past weekend. It only took a day and a half and many emails later, but I now have a 2013 Volt in the driveway. It was a bittersweet departure from the HCHII for me, but I'm glad I made the switch.

With that said, if anyone is interested, I'm selling the Mike Dabrowski grid charger and discharger, since I no longer need it. It definitely came in handy and I used it nearly everyday.

I'll officially post it in the For Sale section.

Thanks,

Jess

2. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Congrats! You will love the Volt compared to the HCH. We had 2013 miles on the last tank and used 7.3 gallons. The current tank is at 1200 miles with about 4 gallons of gas used so far.

3. Prozac

Prozac Well-Known Member

Congrats on the Volt! From I have been hearing around here, you are going to love that car!

4. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations on the Volt, get ready for stellar MPG!
    (p.s. don't forget to change your vehicle list)

5. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Congrats on the Volt.

6. ksstathead

ksstathead Moderator

Electrifying news!
    Congrats.

7. hunter44102

hunter44102 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Do you charge your volt with 120V or did you have a 240V installed?

8. Welcome to the volt family

I'm going to put half a gallon of gas in mine today. Just to shut up the low fuel warning bell. Maybe I'll do 1/4 gallon.

9. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Be sure and sign up on Voltstats.net. Here are our details. They aren't as impressive as James' though.

SI Volt Details

10. Winter will be here quick. My ev % will probably go down some.

Mine had about 105 miles on it when I got it and a July 2012 build date (2013 model). I think it drove those 105 miles and almost a year on mostly gas.

We are holding right around 95% ev, but my lifetime shows just over 90%

http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/3393

Oops forgot the link was in my Sig too.

11. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! I love it and it is truly a smooth and efficient machine. I'm already able to exceed it's estimated range.

Haven't had the opportunity yet, but will definitely log onto Volt Stats.

I keep pinching myself. I can't believe I finally have one and in the exterior/interior color combo that I wanted.

Jess

12. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

13. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Proud owner and good color. Oh, and your hch2 looks really good and clean. H

14. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

Thanks Harold! Yes very proud :)

I like my cars clean, but I did just washed and vacuumed the HCHII the week before. Both Carmax and the dealer commented on how clean it was both inside and out.

Jess

15. rhwinger

rhwinger Well-Known Member

Jess, sell that grid charger yet?

Thanks,

Bob

16. fileaudio

fileaudio heavy foot ultramegamiler

Well I must admit I never been a Chevrolet fan or lover but this is the sweetest Chev car I have seen and the interior is amazing too... That Civic looks very well cared and clean