sun visor for navigation screen

Discussion in 'Smartphones and GPS Navigation' started by kennethandmary, Aug 16, 2006.

1. I am looking for a sun visor for the navigation screen in my 2004 Toyota Prius. I saw them at the Hybridfest. I was told to go to ebay, but have not had any luck finding one. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks, Mary

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Mary:

___Although I did not see it myself, was it a PDA type NAVI unit attached to the sun visor? In my non-NAVI equipped automobiles I use a Compaq PDA with an iTREK Serial or CF Slot GPS unit and Mapopolis which would fit on the sun visor nicely with the right mount. There are a multitude of PDA mounts for all kinds of locations in an automobile but I have not seen one for a sun visor specifically. If this was even what someone had installed in their Prius II?

___As many CleanMPG members that were at HF2006, I am sure somebody else had seen the Prius with the NAVI unit you are speaking of. If not, do you have any more details as to the manufacture or type? I might be able to find something similar in short order with a little more detail. I will see what I can find Googling Sun visor, GPS Navigation, and Prius II in short order …

___Good Luck

___Wayne

3. xcel

Hi Mary:

___I mistakenly read your post and see you were looking for a sun visor for the NAVI screen, not a NAVI unit attached to the sun visor. I will look for one of those instead …

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. xcel

5. Thanks Wayne, that is exactly what I am looking for. Mary