Charter Meeting of D/FW Hypermilers & Hybrids

Discussion in 'General' started by Chuck, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Good kickoff for a hypermiler/hybird meeting in Dallas/Fort Worth where 18 miles to the gallon might be above average for the area.

[xfloat=left]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/dfw_meet_cover.jpg[/xfloat]Chuck Thomas – CleanMPG – Feb 24, 2008

Charter members of Dallas/Fort Worth Hypermiler/Hybrid Group from left to right: Glenn (Dixonge), Reid (Atlaw4u), and John (John73C).

March has the College Basketball's Final Four: Dallas hypermilers and hybrids had the First Four in their initial meet that unlike the past, will be recurring. The meeting lasted from 11AM until 4PM at BJ's next to Lewisville's Vista Ridge Mall at the intersection of Toll 121 and I35E. There was no set agenda other than a meet and greet to share stories given it was the first time most of us had the chance to meet one another in person. Plenty of time was spent introducing ourselves, although there was no lack of hypermiling discussion ;) There was also plenty of "hyper-refills" of iced tea :D

Initially, the meet was planned to allow us to ride in each others vehicles but after almost five hours of discussion, we had all of 45 minutes to perform a show-and-tell in the parking lot before having to depart. Some things discussed included the Scangauge, the current cars we drive, pulse and glide, dealing with agressive drivers, a history of the founding of CleanMPG, hot air intakes, radiator blocks, engine heaters, various other mods.

Reid displayed his Insight's warm air intake that usually allows a steady 121F during the winter months per the SG-II. John displayed his pristine HCH-II. Glenn displayed a tastefully installed SG-II. I showed a similar arrangement of MIMA and an SG-II integrated into the dash plus the exposed traction battery pack and MIMA harness in my Insight.

Tentatively, a second meet is planned for Sat, April 12 at the Live Green Expo in Plano -- an all-day event.

Members and their vehicles

[​IMG]
    A view of all members’ cars from left to right: John's 2006 HCH II, Glen's 2001 Hyundai
    Elantra, Chuck's 2000 Honda Insight with MIMA and Reid's 2000 Honda Insight.​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    John demos his HCH II’s interior and exterior.------Glenn’s beautiful install of the SG-II in his Elantra.​

All are looking forward to the next meet with even more members and possibly a clinic or two!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2008
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Chuck:

___I have done my part. Can you add something about your hours of discussions?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  3. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Beefed up this paragraph - hope it was enough

Initially, the meet was planned to allow us to ride in each others vehicles but after almost five hours of discussion, we had all of 45 minutes to perform a show-and-tell in the parking lot before having to depart. Some things discussed included Scangage, the current cars we drive, pules and glide, dealing with agressive drivers, a history of the founding of CleanMPG, hot air intakes, radiator blocks, engine heaters, various other mods.

4. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Chuck:

___Post it :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne