Battery stuff

Discussion in 'General' started by jcp123, Apr 25, 2017.

1. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

So, I will need a battery, most likely before winter. Sucks that I had put a new one in the Echo just a few months before it quit, but since Honda uses a fairly proprietary battery size, I couldn't swap it out. Ergo, sunk cost.

I have heard of some of the lightweight battery alternatives available, which I'd like to start getting educated on before it's necessary.

Point me in the right direction, folks!

2. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

I put one of these lithium motorcycle batteries in the Harley. I've been extremely happy with it. Easiest starts ever, and I don't need to use the battery tender anymore. Plus it is super lightweight. I'm considering putting one in the Escape Hybrid when I need a new battery (I'll probably need a new one soon). Here's a tip. Advance Auto usually has an online coupon code for online orders. Usually about 30%. Just order and pay for it online, take your discount, and for shipping, select "pickup in store", and pick it up 20 mins later.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...6-P?navigationPath=L1*14920|L2*15000|L3*15602

BillLin and jcp123 like this.
  3. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Ooh so this is stuff available locally? Would I look for a bike size battery? My Nightster battery would have been a fair fit.

4. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

Yep. Locally available. It is actually a little smaller than a Harley battery. It comes with plastic blocks to shim under the battery so it doesn't rattle in the battery box.

5. clara james

clara james New Member

Well, its difficult to choose the best car audio battery is not an easy thing to do. Even if you know what to look for, you still sometimes end up buying the wrong product. To avoid frustration, it is important that you have some knowledge about the product before you make a purchase.

It is always a good idea that you start with the basics. There are lots of car audio batteries available in the market. This car audio battery review includes some of the important characteristics that you need to focus on when buying are the following – weight, height, volts, length, and cold cranking amps.

The average lifespan of car batteries around three to five years. However, if you have poor driving habits or if your car is exposed to extreme weather conditions the battery might run out easily.

6. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Golly, Clara. Your command of the English language is astounding. You fooled ALL of us. Didn't you forget to include the link that takes us to cyber-hell ?

7. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Edwin:

You should have seen all the links I pulled from that post last night. :D

We have been getting hit with spammers like crazy lately. 11:00 pm to 12:30 am PST and they post about 09:00 to 10:30 AM PST again in the morning.

Wayne

kbergene and BillLin like this.