Fleet sales continue down per plan. Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Mar. 1, 2015 2016 Chevrolet Silverado RWD - $28,190 to start while TrueCar estimates about $5k off for a just over $23K price point with a std. cab and the 4.3L V6. 18/24 mpgUS city/highway as listed. GM February 2016 Sales Overview In February, GM total sales of 227,825 was down 0.5 percent below the 231,378 sold in February of 2015. YTD, sales of 431,570 is down 0.6 percent from the 434,164 vehicles sold through the same period of 2015. On a Daily Selling Rate basis, YTD sales are up 3.5 percent. GM grew its Commercial business in February for the 28th consecutive month. GM’s retail sales and market share continued to rise. Retail deliveries were up yet again compared to a year ago, and retail market share has been up in 10 of 12 months. February retail deliveries totaled 179,958 units, up 7 percent. GM’s estimated retail share is up 0.4 percentage points. Chevrolet retail deliveries were up 13 percent compared to a year ago. Estimated retail share is up 1 percentage point on a year-over-year basis. In addition, Cadillac retail deliveries were up 4 percent. GM expects to operate with about a 70-days supply of vehicles throughout the year. February inventories were just 67-days. GM continues to reduce its fleet mix and said across all of 2016, fleet should account for approximately 20 percent of total sales, compared with a historical range of 22 to 24 percent. In 2015, GM reduced rental deliveries by about 50,000 units compared to 2014. In the first two months of 2016, rental deliveries are down about 30,000 units, compared to a year ago. According to GM, Millennials now buy more new vehicles than any generation besides Baby Boomers, and they account for 20 percent of GM sales, up from 5 percent in 2010. Commercial and Government February sales grew 7 and 14 percent respectively. GM February 2016 Sales Highlights Chevrolet had its best February since 2007, with cars up 34 percent, crossovers up 5 percent and trucks up 3 percent. Malibu sales of 21,418 was up 53.3 percent over the 13,971 sold in February of 2015. It was the model’s best February since 1979. Volt sales of 1,126 was up 62.5 percent over the 693 sold in February of 2015. GMCs February Average Transaction Price (ATPs) of $42,300 was the highest in GMC history. ATPs, which reflect transaction prices after incentives, were approximately $34,200 in February, up about $680 from January and more than $3,600 above the industry average. GM’s incentive spending as a percentage of ATP was 12.4 percent, which reflects lower year-over-year spending on trucks and higher spending on passenger cars being replaced with all-new designs. Industry average spending in February was 11.1 percent. In February GM and especially Chrysler picked up significant market share while Kia's rise is coming out of Hyundai's hide. U.S. February 2016 Sales vs. February 2015 Sales Ranks and Results for the top 14 Automobile Manufacturers GM February 2016 Sales Down 1.5% with 227,825 Vehicles Sold Ford February 2016 Sales Up 20.1% with 209,153 Vehicles Sold Toyota February 2016 Sales Up 4.1% with 187,954 Vehicles Sold FCA February 2016 Sales Up 11.8% with 182,879 Vehicles Sold Nissan February 20165 Sales Up 10.5% with 130,911 Vehicles Sold Honda February 2016 Sales Up 12.8% with 118,985 Vehicles Sold Hyundai February 2016 Sales Up 1.0% with 53,009 Vehicles Sold Kia February 2016 Sales Up 13.0% with 49,737 Vehicles Sold Subaru February 2016 Sales Up 1.6% with 42,011 Vehicles Sold Mercedes-Benz February 2016 Sales Down 0.5% with 25,632 Vehicles Sold BMW February 2016 Sales Down 12.4% with 25,337 Vehicles Sold VW February 2016 Sales Down 13.2% with 22,321 Vehicles Sold Mazda February 2016 Sales Down 16.0% with 21,544 Vehicles Sold Audi February 2016 Sales Up 2.3% with 11,718 Vehicles Sold In February, notice how Nissan is increasing the sales gap over Honda and Kia not only overtook Subaru but is quickly coming up on Hyundai’s heels. The seasonally adjusted annual selling rate (SAAR) for light vehicles in February was 17.7 million vehicles.