“Until we drove it, we couldn’t believe a truck this nice and capable could achieve 25_mpg. It blew our members away.”
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- Oct. 23, 2012
2013 Ram 1500 - $23,585 and 18/25 mpgUS city/highway in its most fuel efficient trim wins “Truck of Texas”, amongst others.
Ram was recognized in way that every other manufacturer only wishes at this years Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) two-day "Texas Truck Rodeo".
The new 2013 Ram 1500 was named “Truck of Texas”, TAWA’s highest honor. In addition, the Ram 1500 won Luxury and Full-size Pickup Truck of Texas for the Laramie Longhorn while the brand named the Truck Line of Texas.
Judging by the 50 TAWA members occurred over two full days of on- and off-road vehicle evaluations. Consideration is given to everything from interior and exterior styling and off-road capability to the entrant’s overall utility, value and fuel efficiency.
More than 60 pickups, SUVs and crossover vehicles were entered in this year’s event.
Michael Herzing, Texas Auto Writers Association President:
“Our members overwhelmingly chose the 2013 Ram 1500 as the Truck of Texas and the truck for Texans. The new technologies in this truck are true game changers and raise the bar for the competition.”
The Jeep Grand Cherokee repeated as the 'SUV of Texas.'
The Texas Auto Writers Association competition names three overall winners, including Truck of Texas, SUV of Texas and Crossover of Texas, along with 19 additional categories revealed below.
- Full-size sport utility vehicle: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Mid-size sport utility vehicle: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Compact sport utility vehicle: 2013 Ford Escape
- Full-size luxury sport utility vehicle: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
- Mid-size luxury sport utility vehicle: 2013 Ford Explorer Sport
- Full-size crossover utility vehicle: 2013 GMC Acadia
- Mid-size crossover utility vehicle: 2013 GMC Terrain
- Compact crossover utility vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- Full-size luxury crossover utility vehicle: 2013 Buick Enclave
- Mid-size luxury crossover utility vehicle: 2013 Cadillac SRX
- Mid-size pickup truck: 2013 Toyota Tacoma
- Full-size pickup truck: 2013 Ram 1500
- Luxury pickup truck: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
- Heavy-duty pickup truck: 2013 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- Off-road truck: 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
For more on the 2013 Ram 1500, look no further than the following previews.
2013 Ram’s 1500’s Driven to Dealership Lots across the South
‘Moving Heaven and Earth’ - New Advert for the All New 2013 Ram 1500
2012 MAMA Fall Rally – A Surprising New Vehicle Earns Top Billing
Ram Goes To War And Lets Loose A NUKE – As in 25 mpgUS highway!
2013 RAM with Its Pentastar Set to Challenge the F-150 and EcoBoost