Two new colors, updated_Navi, Enform and the addition of seat heaters just about covers it.
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- Aug 25, 2012
2013 CT 200h (2012 F-Sport shown) – 2012 CT200h starts at $29,120 (2013 pricing TBA) while offering a 43/40 mpgUS city/highway rating.
Lexus’ luxury hybrid CT 200h begins the 2013 model year with minimal changes.
The CT 200h’s size, packaging, full hybrid technology and ultra-low emissions perfectly meet the requirements of a young, environmentally conscientious customer yet offers little compromise on the refinement other than passenger volume.
Like the Prius drivetrain which the CT incorporates, it includes an exhaust heat recovery system that captures the heat of the exhaust to speed engine coolant and thus engine warm-up.
The CT 200h pairs the 1.8L atkinsonized ICE with an electric drive motor (MG1) for a total system output of 134 HP. A second motor (MG2) in serves as both engine starter and generator to charge the NiMH pack.
The CT 200h also incorporates a drive-mode selector with four distinct modes: Normal, Sport, Eco or EV.
An optional F SPORT package combines an F SPORT-tuned suspension, 17” alloys with a high-gloss finish, a front grille with mesh pattern, metal front scuff plates, perforated leather steering wheel, leather shift knob, aluminum sport pedals and metallic trim on the dash panel.
New for 2013
The CT 200h warranty continues unabated
- New exterior colors include: Silver Lining Metallic and Ultra White available on F SPORT package
- Updated Navigation with next generation Lexus Enform with Safety Connect and App Suite, and HD Radio with iTunes tagging
- Navigation screen can be kept closed at start up
- Padded driver’s arm rest
- Park Assist is now available as standalone option
- Seat Comfort Package include heated front seats and four-way power passenger seat (required with Premium Package).
- 48-month/50,000miles basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage
- Eight years/100,000 miles hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter
A unique but expensive for a younger driver fuel efficient and environmentally friendly offering that is much more fun to drive than Lexus’ of old.
I will remove the HS 250h forum and in its place will be a CT200h one.