User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

• Home
• CleanMPG Staff
• Articles
• Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

• More Reviews
• Gallery
• Mileage Logs

• CleanMPG Store

• Calendar
• Glossary
• Garage
• Files

• Research
• Related Sites

• Archives
• Arcade

• Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Conventional Automobile Owners Community » Mazda

Mazda Zoom Zoom - Discussion about Mazda and Mazda automobiles.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv Automatic

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-25-2012, 02:32 PM

Vehicles: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid w/ Nav
2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv Automatic

I'm currently doing about 35mpg on average since I bought my Mazda3. This includes in town driving to work and also drives out in the country ranging from 55 to 85mph (you know, just to see what she'll do Some driving with air conditioning, some driving where I'm in "manual" mode on the shifter, basically a little bit of every kind of driving.

I've really driven it hard and still come out at 35mpg over the first 1000 miles of her life..

Whenever the fun driving wears off and I start getting serious about saving fuel, I'm sure I could easily average over 40.

I'm loving this car.
Sponsored Links
  #2   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-25-2012, 02:37 PM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)
Re: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv Automatic

Hi Dlister70:

The 3 is certainly a fun car to drive and with the SKYATIC 2.0, it is most certainly powerful enough to let the ponies run free. However do remember that winning the race to the next stop light or sign ahead does not entail any prize money

Enjoy the ride.

Wayne
  #3   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Legend In His Mind

Vehicles: 2008 Honda Civic LX auto

On the other hand , driving in a sensible fashion can pretty much guarantee some extra money in your pocket. Decisions, decisions , decisions. What's a young cowboy supposed to do ?
  #4   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 PM
MazdaMiser

Vehicles: 2007 Mazda3

Congrats on your new 3....

I have to admit, seeing people whiz by me going 10-15 over the psl every day sometimes makes me want to "zoom" myself. Then I look down at my Scan Gauge and think about what will happen to my average mpg's if I mashed the go-pedal, then the temptation diminishes.

This morning on my 30 mile commute, I finally broke 50 mpg. Personally, that’s plenty of excitement for me!
  #5   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-29-2012, 02:17 PM

Hi Andy:

That is a great accomplishment and congrats!

Wayne
  #6   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-29-2012, 03:17 PM

Vehicles: 95 Odyssey, 95 Civic

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.d...el=3 DI 4-Door

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.d...el=3 DI 5-Door

Y'all are doing pretty well FE wise with what sounds like minimal hypermiling! You guys are convincing me ...

I'm beginning to swing strongly toward Mazda's CX5 to replace our 95 Odyssey. So far ... without a drive I'm thinking SkyActiv-D 2WD if available in the US within the next 18 months.
  #7   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-07-2012, 08:03 PM

Vehicles: 2013 Mazda CX-5 sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 mpg by 2012 View Post
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.d...el=3 DI 4-Door

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.d...el=3 DI 5-Door

Y'all are doing pretty well FE wise with what sounds like minimal hypermiling! You guys are convincing me ...

I'm beginning to swing strongly toward Mazda's CX5 to replace our 95 Odyssey. So far ... without a drive I'm thinking SkyActiv-D 2WD if available in the US within the next 18 months.
You won't be disappointed with the gas mileage. I've been averaging 33.1 mpg traveling 85% interstate at about 70-71 mph with cruse control in my FWD Sport CX-5. Two days ago I discovered hypermiling and this site. I starting applying the novice techniques at the 1/2 tank level and keeping the speed between 60 mph and 66 mph and I'm up to 34.6 mpg already in just 90 miles from 32 mpg. It also corners like a sports car and the automatic transmission is fantastic. Did try to purchase a manual but I would have had to wait 3 months for it.
  #8   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-08-2012, 01:52 PM

Vehicles: 95 Odyssey, 95 Civic

I am glad you are having a great experience with your CX5. May it serve you well!

Please keep us informed of your FE progress and experiences/observations.

Apparently, based on the information I have, the US SkyActiv-G MT and AT deliver almost identical fuel economies, both EPA and user experience.

I was hoping for the ~30% improvement in FE with the US SkyActiv-D like the EU CX5 MT.

However, the SkyActiv-D AT CX5 apparently doesn't enjoy the same benefit. And, the missus doesn't like manuals ...
  #9   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Banned

Vehicles: Ford 2008 XLT 4WD Escape- Ford 2009 XLT 4WD Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8toilet View Post
You won't be disappointed with the gas mileage. I've been averaging 33.1 mpg traveling 85% interstate at about 70-71 mph with cruse control in my FWD Sport CX-5. Two days ago I discovered hypermiling and this site. I starting applying the novice techniques at the 1/2 tank level and keeping the speed between 60 mph and 66 mph and I'm up to 34.6 mpg already in just 90 miles from 32 mpg. It also corners like a sports car and the automatic transmission is fantastic. Did try to purchase a manual but I would have had to wait 3 months for it.
Hi- I'm thinking about the CX5
could you do something sometime- drive at 60mph, no ac, no winds, no hills-ideal conditions- tell what you think and what mpg you're getting-
  #10   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 AM

Hi Shadescape:

Have you read our review of what I deem to be the "Best-in-its-Class" Mazda CX-5 yet?

CleanMPG Reviews the 2013 Mazda CX-5

This may be what you are looking for?

2013 Mazda CX-5 - steady state mpg_vs._mph

Wayne