Larger screen with an easier to comprehend display and larger touchscreen selection buttons makes the Smart series TomTom’s best yet.
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- May 22, 2012
The TomTom Start 60 comes with a 6” sharp screen, big buttons and menus and a dual mounting system.
Late last week TomTom released its latest personal portable navigation series with the release of the TomTom Start 60 featuring the largest screen of all TomTom's portable navigation devices. The larger 6" diagonal sharp screen should enhance the driving experience by making it easier and safer for users to use.
The TomTom Start 60 comes with TomTom's new dual mounting system, which gives people the choice between mounting their device on the windscreen or dashboard.
The unique design of the TomTom Start 60’s larger buttons and a sharp screen ensure interaction is easier than ever before.
The TomTom Start 60 is one of the first devices to offer lifetime free daily map changes. Updates are based on reports from TomTom's Map Share community of 21 million, and help drivers to deal with frequent road changes such as new speed limits and blocked roads.
Pricing and Availability
The TomTom Start 60 is available for purchase in Europe at a starting price of $254 across much of Europe. Pricing in the US has not yet been released but TomTom has posted US based media shots so its retail price should be announced for US consumers shortly.
TomTom Start 60 at a glance
A large 6" Touch Screen plus a Dual mounting system so it can be mounted on either the windscreen or the dashboard.
Other features of the TomTom Start 60 include:
- Advanced Lane Guidance - Gives drivers extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions
- Improved IQ Routes - Uses real travel times shared by millions of drivers to get the best routes and arrival times at every time of day.
- TomTom Map Share - Gives drivers free daily map changes from the TomTom Map Share Community.
- Spoken street names
- Parking Assist helps drivers find parking near their current location or final destination.
- Frequent Destinations allows drivers to save their most frequent destinations, for even easier and quicker navigation to the places they go most often.
Even while many of the press vehicles we drive today come equipped with NAVI, the latest in portable NAVI continue to improve and with the new 6” screen offered at a somewhat affordable price, it never hurts to carry a spare.