It’s called CUE and is supposed to change the Cadillac owner experience.
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- May 9, 2012
2013 Cadillac XTS – 17/28 mpgUS city/highway and a 300 HP V6 to move the 4,000 pound sedan. The front end looks modern and willing. The back end … I cannot place my finger on it but something is amiss back there???
With a 104.2 cu. ft. of passenger space (slightly larger than an Accord and Sonata) and an 18 cu. ft. trunk (at least 10 Ciminillo’s will fit inside
), it is also more than big.
iPad for the masses
Following in the Hyundai Equss’ footsteps, Cadillac announced that owners of its 2013 XTS will receive an iPad with their new car as part of the ownership experience.
Hyundai Equss owners from April of 2010 were recipients of an iPad preloaded with the flagship sedans interactive owner’s manual but last August that promotion disappeared. Instead, the 2012 Equus’ glove box contains a standard paper-bound manual with few if any complaints noted.
Given the an average age of the typical Cadillac buyer is 62, will the early baby boom crowd mob their nearest dealership for this once in a lifetime opportunity to connect?
The Cadillac User Experience (CUE) is an extensive network of services to access entertainment and information. Each 2013 Cadillac XTS buyer will receive an iPad with their new car as part of the customer experience.
In the PR, Don Butler, U.S. VP of Cadillac Marketing said the following:
“CUE is intuitive, bringing touch and voice controls into the car in really unique and helpful way. With CUE becoming a signature of Cadillac, and with the launch of the XTS luxury sedan, this is an opportunity for us to build a new level into the luxury customer experience.”
Boy I hope so
Cadillac is launching CUE with training and support resources to enable dealers and customers to provide feedback, ask questions and access support in a number of ways. New customer care elements include:
- A Cadillac CUE App that enables shoppers to “test-drive” the system on an iPad, anytime, anywhere. The CUE app replicates many of the controls and features of the CUE center stack. The CUE center screen and control panel represents the first automotive use of capacitive touch and familiar multi-touch gestures.
- Every 2013 Cadillac XTS sold in the United States includes an iPad customized for Cadillac buyers with the CUE App, along with the MyCadillac App and OnStar RemoteLink.
- Each U.S. Cadillac dealership has a trained technology expert to assist customers, providing a personal, local first line of contact during both the shopping and ownership experiences.
- Twenty-five new Connected Customer Experts are being deployed across the United States. to support the launch of CUE. These connectivity experts provide a resource for in-car electronic technological training, sales and service assistance.
- Cadillac’s existing customer assistance services have added specific CUE experts to answer owner questions. Cadillac’s customer assistance center in Austin, Texas, has specially selected and trained advisors who have expertise in infotainment and mobile devices to help answer questions.
- OnStar, standard on every Cadillac, will have a direct link to these CUE experts as well, for any owners with questions or wishing to provide feedback.
- Every new Cadillac XTS and ATS buyer will receive a welcome call, creating a personal contact to answer questions or provide feedback.
The technology ladened 2013 XTS with the iPad inside will launch later this spring.