Hello again ladies and gents of the Metro forum,
I'm ecstatic to announce that I've finally replaced the tired, saggy front struts on my '00 Metro this past weekend. For those of you who would like a rudimentary outline of the replacement procedure, I'm posting it up right here for your reference
1) Raise and support the vehicle safely.
2) Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
3) Remove the brake hose clip, then the hose from the strut.
4) Remove the upper strut support nuts from the engine compartment.
5) Remove the strut-to-steering knuckle bolts, then the strut assembly from the vehicle.
1) Install the strut assembly onto the vehicle. Install the upper support nuts loosely. Then install the strut-to-steering knuckle bolts and tighten to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
2) Tighten the upper strut support nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
3) Install the brake hose clip.
4) Install the tire and wheel assembly.
5) Lower the vehicle.
6) Check front end alignment.
*diagram courtesy of gmpartsgiant.com; all rights reserved