Hyundai’s Veloster "four"-door hatch - Coupe to make its SEMA debut in some mild to wild creations.
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- Oct. 30, 2011
Rendering of the 2012 Hyundai Veloster by ARK – 210 HP and built to Autocross.
Beginning this Tuesday, Hyundai is set to release upon the SEMA show going press and public at large 10 “tricked out” Veloster’s. The Veloster arrives with a uniquely exquisite look and personality few automobiles have ever matched no matter the price. And Hyundai is not stopping there.
To showcase the aftermarket potential of the innovative four-door hatch coupe, Hyundai has teamed up with ARK Performance, PM Lifestyle and UTI, and RIDES/RE:MIX to transform the already distinctive Veloster into an all-out performance rally car, a powerful boulevard cruiser and a bevy of technology wonders.
The ARK Performance Veloster will have mated to the OEM 1.6L GDI a custom twin-scroll turbocharger increasing its horsepower from 138 to 210 HP. From the outside, a bright green and flat gray paint scheme will add even more pizzazz to the Veloster’s youth oriented appeal.
The ARK Performance Hyundai Veloster will showcase mechanical, interior and exterior modifications including an open wheel concept with aggressive fenders and Nitto tires. ARK will also develop Veloster specific parts to showcase the tunability of the engine and vehicle exterior.
ARK’s Veloster Performance Mod’s
- ARK Turbo Charger and Intercooler System
- ARK Intercooler Piping System
- ARK Custom Oil Cooler
- ARK Turbo Manifold
- ARK Lightweight Pulley System
- ARK Six-Pot Big Brake Kit
- ARK Eight-Point Chromoly Rally Style Roll Cage
- ARK DTP Track Coilover System
- ARK Upper Strut and Front and Rear Sway Bar
- ARK Camber and Control Arms
- ARK GRIP Dual Exhaust
- ARK RSEPC Downpipes and Test Pipes
- JPM Coachworks Custom OEM Seats with Alcantara Interior
- JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Shift Boot
- JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Dashboard
- JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Headliner
- JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Doors and Visors
- JPM Coachworks Custom Floor Mats
- JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Audio Finish
- Image Dynamics Q450.4 Amplifiers
- Image Dynamics Q600.1 Amplifiers
- Image Dynamics XS65 Component Speakers
- Image Dynamics ID10D4 Subwoofers
- ARK Racing Pedals
- DSG Performance / Password JDM Shift Knob
- DSG Performance / SUN Automotive Eco
- DSG Performance / SUN Hyper Voltage System GT
- DSG Performance / SUN Automotive Gauss System
- DSG Performance / SUN Automotive Hot Inazma Pocket
- DSG Performance / SUN Automotive Hyper Ground System
- Jason Noren Fabrications Custom Rally Cage
- Adam Perry Custom Audio Setup
- ARK CFX Designs Front Lip
- ARK CFX Designs Side Skirt
- ARK CFX Designs Rear Bumper
- ARK SFX Designs Wide Front and Rear Fenders
- ARK CFX Designs Grille
- ARK SFX Rear Wing Mount
- OneEighty Custom Headlights
- OneEighty Custom Taillights
- OneEighty Custom Fog Lamps
- Rally Armor Custom Veloster Mud Flaps
- Rally Armor Custom Veloster Mounts
- DSG Performance / Password JDM Chromoly Lug Nuts
- Yokohama Advan RZ Gunmetal x5
- Nitto NT05 x5
- Beyond Autobody Custom Paint and Finish
PM Lifestyle and UTI
Hyundai’s second Veloster show car partner includes PM Lifestyle, a leader in creative digital media and the Universal Technical Institute (UTI).
This Veloster received treatment an owner would love to have including a carbon-fiber hood, Konig Deception wheels and custom leather interior.
With an anticipated 163-HP, PM Lifestyle’s custom Veloster is guaranteed highlight at this year’s SEMA Show.
PM Lifestyle/UTI’s Veloster Performance Mod’s
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- Autometer Phantom Nitrous Pressure and Air/Fuel Ratio Gauges
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
- B&M Hi-Tek Oil Cooler Fan
- B&M Launch Control Unit
- Chasebays Engine Ground Kit
- KW Full Coilover Suspension
- Magnaflow Exhaust
- Magnaflow Hi-Flow Racing Catalytic Converter
- Flex-A-Lite Radiator/Racing Thermostat
- Nitrous Express Piranha and Purge Systems
- Nitrous Express Automatic Bottle Heater
- Royal Purple Fluids
- SSBC Big Brake Kit
- SPEC Clutch
- Custom Racing Header and Chassis Brace
- Optima Battery – 8022-091 75/25 Dual Terminal
- Konig Deception Wheels (18x8)
- Continental Extreme Contact DW Tires
- Cipher Auto Peanut Butter Leather Seats
- Infinite Auto Design Peanut Butter Leather Center Console and Rear Seats
- Infinite Auto Design Custom Suede A-Pillars and Headliner
- Custom Snap-On Tool Storage Unit in Rear
- Custom Harness Bar
- Kicker 10-inch Solo Subwoofer
- Kicker 400-watt Class D Amplifier
- Kicker Audio Door Speakers
- Kicker PES19C Substation Enclosure
- Panasonic Toughbook
- Status Seat Belt Harnesses
- D-BASF Custom Paint Mix
- GReddy Carbon Fiber Hood Dampers
- Hyundai Genesis LED Door Mirrors
- Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
- Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk
- Seibon Carbon Fiber Lower Rear Diffuser
- Sequence-X Body Kit
- V-LEDS HID Fog Light Kit
- V-LEDS Complete LED Light Conversion
Next up comes the creme dela crθme of Veloster “upgrades” and it has little to with the mechanicals but more the lifestyle of a typical Veloster buyer.
As we know, the Veloster is an aggressively styled "four"-door coupe/hatch with eye catching appeal no matter ones age, wants or needs.
Hyundai gave 3 Veloster’s to be customized by RIDES with a unique to the car owner’s personality. The three were built around music, technology and gaming. These Veloster’s are simply over the top and bound to please its owners to no end.
- Gaming in cars has been around for a while, but never before has it been as easy as plug-and-play. The Hyundai Veloster comes standard with an RCA jack to hook a gaming system into the 7-inch touchscreen display. All Velosters also come with a 115V power outlet to charge electronics as you drive. RIDES customized the Veloster with two Xbox 360s—connected to the Internet via AutoNet Wi-Fi—and added a Kinect system to the trunk for motion-based game play. The car supports eight gamers battling on Xbox Live simultaneously. RIDES color-matched the exterior paint, Xbox consoles, controllers, interior trim, stitching and brake calipers BASF Envy Green.
Performance touches include a custom body kit, carbon-fiber trim, race seats, body kit and race-spec wheels and tires. The Veloster’s 1.6L GDI was left alone to provide the 40 mpgUS highway it is capable of. Well, maybe a little less with those race wheels and tires attached but you know what I mean
2012 Hyundai Velsoter – The Tech
- RIDES even added a 3D experience to the trunk with a 40-inch 3D LED TV, 3D Blu-Ray player, 3D glasses and 3D Panasonic camcorder. There are multiple ways to access the Internet and stream media with a dash-mounted Mac Mini, Samsung Galaxy tablets and an LG Thrill 3D phone for rear-seat passengers, plus Internet-enabled TV (Hulu or Netflix, anyone?) in the trunk.
The outside includes mix of nuance and clean room tech accentuating the connectivity of this techy toolbox.
- The Veloster’s music credentials off the showroom floor leave other cars in its class in the dust. All Veloster’s arrive standard with a 450-watt Dimension eight speaker sound system, subwoofer, Pandora-friendly head unit, SiriusXM satellite radio, Gracenote technology, USB ports and Bluetooth connectivity to stream music from your phone.
And what did RIDES add to its already feature full music mix? Whooa. Why go to a party when the fun can come to you? They turned the Veloster into a bona fide soundstage once the rear hatch is lifted.
All you need to light your party off is to open the rear hatch, where a professional-level DJ setup runs through a booming sound system. According to RE:MIX, they will have a number of live DJs spinning from the back of the car on the SEMA show floor! On the inside, a custom Fender Stratocaster is molded into the headliner, offering a glimpse of the concert-like ability this Veloster offers. Plug a guitar into the Vox NT2H Lil’ Night Train amp for major rock-a-bility.
No matter if its performance, gaming, music, video or even fuel efficiency that grabs your goat, the 2012 Hyundai Veloster’s got your back. For a firsthand look at any of these beautiful and exotic creations, visit the Hyundai booth at SEMA from the 1st to the 4th of November in Las Vegas.
I will take the Technology build with some low RRc Bridgestone Ecopia’s or GoodYear Assurance FuelMax’s to round out its capability any day of the week