Navigate, Connect, and Discover with the push of a button...
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- Sept. 21, 2011
Telematics Technology that may in fact simply your life with a Hyundai.
Hyundai's Blue Link technology will change what your Hyundai can do for you. A Blue Link-enabled Hyundai vehicle not only knows exactly where you are and where you're going, but also knows every shortcut and almost every POI along your route.
Blue Link knows where the closest gas stations are and what they are charging; it can locate restaurants by type, name or distance from your present location and even tell you what people think of the food. Should any mechanical issue arise, Blue Link not only self-diagnoses the problem, but can even make the appointment to correct it. And in the unfortunate event of an accident, Blue Link instantly knows who to call for help.
Coupled with the Hyundai Assurance program, Blue Link keeps drivers better protected than any program in automotive history.
Blue Link Features
Blue Link not only pinpoints your current location, it may assist you with where you`re going. Discover your surroundings, get the weather, find a restaurant and reach your final destination through visual and audio guidance on this highly intelligent guidance system.
- POI - Search for Points of Interest through an advanced voice recognition system that has agent assistance in the background for those difficult times. Any search results you find can be downloaded to the vehicle`s available navigation system which acts just like an in-car search system.
- Restaurant Ratings - Eating out is great. Eating out at top-rated restaurants is even better. Especially when you`re in a new town and do not know the area. Blue Link searches restaurants by ratings and the results are played back by automated voice. Once you select a restaurant, you can download it into the vehicle`s Blue Link navigation system.
- Gas Station Location and Prices - No more cruising the streets looking for a gas station. With Blue Link, you can locate gas stations by price and brand right from the vehicle. The navigation results are then played back via automated voice, and can be downloaded for future reference.
- Eco-Coach - Drive responsibly with Eco-Coach. It tracks your driving performance habits, including MPG, on a continual and historical basis. You can find the results, as well as environmentally responsible driving recommendations, on MyHyundai.com.
- Weather - Know the weather before you go. Blue Link provides weather forecasts and alerts for your current location, or for your favorite locations you choose through MyHyundai.com.
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation - Select a Point of Interest and Turn-by-Turn Navigation will guide you there. It will provide both visual and audio guidance to ensure you arrive at the location.
- Daily Route GuidanceTraffic - Get traffic information surrounding your vehicle and the nearby area based on preferences you set using Blue Link in MyHyundai.com. You can also predefine several routes to a particular destination and receive a regularly scheduled traffic alert for traffic delays along those routes. You`ll receive real-time traffic updates along with alternate route guidance based on your current location.
Now you can keep the lines of communication open right from the driver seat. Blue Link helps make it happen. Discover where your friends are, share where you are and meet up for a quick get-together. Send voice messages to your family from the road, and Blue Link translates them into text. The new way to communicate is the Blue Link way.
- Location Sharing - Through Location Sharing, you can send your location directly to your friends on social networking sites, like Facebook. You can also see the exact location of your Hyundai-driving friends.
- Voice Text Messaging - Simply engage the Voice Text Messaging system via your Bluetooth connected phone, dictate a message and select a contact. Your message will be translated into a text message.
Emergency alerts can be lifesavers. In the event you, or a loved one, are in a panicked state, simply engage one of the emergency alerts. Whether you need Roadside Assistance or emergency assistance, Blue Link will ensure that help is on the way.
Continuous Vehicle Monitoring
- Your quick and easy call for help - With the single press of a dedicated button, owners can contact Roadside Assistance and their vehicle information and location are automatically transmitted to a response center for quicker, more efficient assistance. In addition, owners can press the SOS button, which will transmit vehicle information and location to specially trained operators who can assist in coordinating the dispatch of appropriate emergency assistance. The operator remains on the line with the owner until advised assistance has arrived.
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN)* - In the event an accident occurs and an airbag is deployed, the ACN signal containing owner and location information is immediately and automatically transmitted to a response center. Upon receipt of the signal, an operator will attempt to establish voice communication with the vehicle occupants and forward any pertinent information to emergency services.
Keep an eye on your Hyundai, without having to watch its every turn. Blue Link technology can help track the location of your vehicle, the time of day it`s being driven and how fast it`s going to ensure the driver is following your rules. In the event your vehicle is stolen, Blue Link can help law enforcement locate it.
- Monitors the valet - Keep an eye on your vehicle, even while inside a restaurant. This feature allows you to monitor vehicle movement within a predefined boundary around the location Valet Alert is activated. You will be notified via text or phone message if the vehicle goes outside the area.
- Geo-Fence - Define a set of parameters through MyHyundai.com, and Blue Link monitors your vehicle`s movement in and out of the specified region. When the vehicle enters or leaves this region, you will be notified by email, text message or automated phone message.
To help maintain the health of your vehicle, it`s important to stay up to date on service and maintenance. The vehicle maintenance technology of Blue Link provides maintenance reminders, archives service records, diagnoses problems and connects you to service providers to promote safer driving for years to come.
- Quick Tips - Receive audio answers to the frequently asked questions found in the owner`s manual.
- Monthly Vehicle web report on vehicle diagnostics- On MyHyundai.com, owners can review the current health of their car, and receive monthly reports of vehicle diagnostics.
- Report Maintenance Alert Recall Advisor - Now it`s easy to stay up-to-date on vehicle maintenance. Maintenance Alert notifies the owner via MyHyundai.com, email or SMS message that an upcoming service is due, and explains what is included in particular maintenance intervals. In the event of a recall, Recall Advisor provides notification of recall campaigns via email, MyHyundai.com, and on the in-vehicle display.
- Automated Diagnostic Trouble Code Notification - When owners receive a vehicle trouble alert, this feature provides an explanation and repair assistance using vehicle data and off-board diagnosis capabilities. Through a combination of in-vehicle display alerts and guided voice messages, the owner will get additional instructions and what to do next. This information is automatically sent to the owner`s preferred dealer to assist with the repair process.
- Service Link - On occasion, vehicles may experience an issue whose cause isn`t immediately known. This innovative feature allows you to call a live operator to report the problem and records the call to forward all data to Hyundai. You can even use this feature to schedule those regularly scheduled service appointments.
Some things are better from a distance. Now you can lock and unlock the doors, activate the horn and headlights, and start your vehicle remotely by dialing a toll-free number, using MyHyundai.com, or through a mobile phone application. **Late availability and not available on all models. Requires Push-button start and Automatic transmission.
Blue Link is currently available on Hyundai's 2012 Sonata and 2012 Veloster models with many more to come.