The luxury hybrid launch begins in earnest for our northern neighbors.
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- Sept. 22, 2009
2010 Lexus HS 250h - $39,900 to start and rated at 41 mpgUS combined per Transport Canada (35mpgUS on th e08 EPA).
Canadian’s now have yet another more sustainable, fuel efficient and total luxury choice to drive thanks to Lexus in the form of their first dedicated hybrid, the 2010 Lexus HS 250h.
“Our research tells us that more than 60 per cent of those shopping in the entry luxury segment have been looking for a hybrid-powered option, and starting under $40,000, the 2010 Lexus HS 250h is the vehicle for these Canadians,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “We’re confident that as the HS 250h becomes the fourth hybrid in our line up, Canadians who want the ultimate in luxury motoring with a smaller footprint will continue to turn to Lexus for the most proven hybrid systems and the greatest choice of luxury hybrid vehicles.”
Designers and engineers took the opportunity to create a truly unique luxury car that maximizes fuel economy while further shrinking its impact on the planet by using ecologically advanced materials, cleverly packaging components and eliminating waste where possible. Excellent fuel economy is the overall result.
Besides the HS 250h’s 41 mpgUS combined rating (Transport Canada figures), the vehicle meets the US’ Tier 2 Bin 3 emissions rating.
The HS 250h makes driving more enjoyable and fuel efficient without compromise to premium features, performance and luxury expected from a Lexus. Features standard to all models include the following:
- 30 percent of the combined interior and trunk are covered in Ecological Plastic.
- A choice of 4 driving modes: Normal, Power, Eco and EV.
- A class-leading 10 airbags and active front headrests with whiplash protection.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control.
- Leather seats with 8-way power adjustable driver and front passenger seats.
- Audio system featuring integrated XM Satellite Radio and USB audio connectivity.
- 17” aluminum alloy wheels.
- Electroluminescent instrumentation.
- The first Lexus Hybrid Drive built around a gas four-cylinder engine, developing 187 net HP.
- Keyless entry with the Lexus smart key system with push-button start.
- LED brake lamps.
- Power moon roof.
- A full suite of Lexus handling and braking technologies, including Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Hill-start Assist Control (HAC), and more.
The Lexus HS 250h Premium has an MSRP of $39,900 Canadian while loaded with luxury comfort and convenience features.
The Premium can be optioned up with a Sport package, listed at $41,400, including a sport-tuned suspension, 18” alloy wheels, heated seats, sport pedals, a wallet-sized smart card key, and illuminated scuff plates.
The Lexus HS 250h can also be purchased in an Ultra Premium model, with an MSRP of $48,750, which includes heated and ventilated seats covered in premium leather, driver seat memory system, the intuitive Remote Touch navigation tool, a voice activated navigation system with integrated back-up camera, a concert-hall quality 15-speaker Mark Levinson Audio system, LED headlamps with the Lexus auto leveling system, 18” aluminum alloy wheels, power rear sunshade and auto-dimming side-view mirrors.
Surprisingly and just like the US models, the base HS 250h lacks Navigation. For more detailed information on the Lexus HS 250h, consider our Preview: CleanMPG Previews the 2010 Lexus HS 250h