Built in and made to last in Canada.
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- Aug. 18, 2009
If you have to have a P/U, the Tacoma is the safest and one of the few somewhat fuel efficient choices available in either Canada or the US.
Canadians looking to purchase a compact pick-up that’s versatile, safe, and more powerful and uses less fuel than the competition have to look no further than the 2010 Tacoma. The 2010 Tacoma line-up offers three 4-cylinder models all equipped with seven standard safety features.
“Our customers know the Tacoma won’t disappoint as it draws on decades of Toyota experience building pick-up trucks that refuse to give up,” said Warren Orton, Director at Toyota Canada Inc. “Even in the world’s harshest environments the 2010 Toyota Tacoma’s rugged construction versatile choice of powertrains and drivetrains, innovative safety and convenience features, and powerful yet efficient drive train remain unmatched.”
The 2010 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 models and five 4x4 models.
Engine and transmission:
The Toyota Tacoma has been carefully engineered to embody “more power, less fuel”. The city/highway fuel consumption ratings per Transport Canada are as follows:
- Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab (manual) = 22.4 mpgUS city/30.1 mpgUS highway
- Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab (automatic) = 21.4 mpgUS city/29.8 mpgUS highway
- Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab (manual) = 19.6 mpgUS city/25.8 mpgUS highway
A full suite of seven standard safety features that protect driver and occupants include the following:
- Toyota’s Antilock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) technologies.
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC)
- Six airbags (front, side and side curtains).
- Toyota’s Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection.
Cab and cargo bed:
All 2010 Toyota Tacoma models come equipped with a generous suite of standard features, including:
- An audio system featuring AM/FM/CD player with MP3/WMA capability, an input jack for portable music players, an XM Satellite Radio-ready antenna with prewire and six speakers.
- Power door locks and power windows with driver’s side auto down function.
- A four spoke steering wheel on a tilting/telescoping column.
- A comfortable yet functional cabin, including plenty of smart storage space, front and rear cup holders, map lamps, an accessory power outlet, and more.
- An intelligently-designed double-walled composite cargo bed with removable tailgate, tie downs and a set of four tie down cleats.
- Two speed wipers with mist feature; halogen headlamps; digital clock; tachometer; and more.
Air conditioning is standard on all Tacoma 4x4 models, and available on Tacoma 4x2 models.
All models may be ordered with Toyota’s SR5 Power Package, which adds convenience features such as cruise control, keyless entry, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, plus stylish touches like rear privacy glass, chrome rear bumpers and grille, and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and more.
The 2010 Toyota Tacoma is now on sale at Toyota dealers across Canada. Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices are as follows:
- Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab (manual) starting at $21,125 Canadian.
- Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab (automatic) starting at $22,125 Canadian.
- Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab starting at $25,765 Canadian.