Ok i know ther are alot of scams on ebay about performance chips that are really just 10 cent resistors. But when i was on ebay today i saw a performance chip that i had never seen before. Here is the site of the volo performance chip........ www.VoloPerformance.com
......... It claims an increase of FE.
I know that this is most likly a gimic but if this chip does what they say it should work IMO.
I found a forum on another website on this subjuct and someone asked the manufacturer come questions and here they are.
Here are the questions he asked and the answers received:
1 - do you change the air-fuel ratio?
2 - do you change timing?
3 - do you change boost?
4 - will this be noticeable at part throttle, wide open, or both?
5 - I currently monitor my car's parameters by having an OBD scan gauge hooked up to the OBD port. Will I now see the revised figures on my scan gauge's display?
1. Yes, the air/fuel ratio is agressively tuned.
2. Yes, if conditions warrant.
3. For safety reasons, no. However we do offer a Volo EBC on our website.
4. For this vehicle, and keep in mind I'm just glancing at the dyno I'm not driving one right now, gains are going to be most noticible at WOT, but still there at part throttle.
5. Depends on the gauge. I'm not the expert on this one. As far as I know, as long as the gauge doesn't interfere with the injection signals, it will be fine. However, the chip itself has been designed to be undetectable.
All good answers IMO.
Tell me what yall think.