User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

• Home
• CleanMPG Staff
• Articles
• Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

• More Reviews
• Gallery
• Mileage Logs

• CleanMPG Store

• Calendar
• Glossary
• Garage
• Files

• Research
• Related Sites

• Archives
• Arcade

• Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Clean MPG Topics » Fuel Economy

Fuel Economy Discuss how to achieve better fuel economy.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

FE Test after Wheels, Spoilers Added to HCH II: Pics & Techniques

Tags: , , , , , ,

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Platinum Contributor

Vehicles: 2008 Bullitt Mustang & 2007 HAH
Thumbs up FE Test after Wheels, Spoilers Added to HCH II: Pics & Techniques

Hi All,

I just thought that today I would go in a little early so I could do a test on FE for my HCH II. So after changing out my Wheels with the Weds Light Weight Wheels.

And the Honda Lower Body Spoilers.

I reset my Trip A Odometer in the Driveway and drove to the dealership to my parking spot 4.5 Miles and here is the FE. I can live with this. Hard to believe this is in the city and No-Warm up of the engine. Just start it up and away I went. I was just not sure what to expect so this was a Very-Rewarding result for me. I guess you can have (Your-Cake-and-Eat-it-TOO).

Satisified,

Terry

Sponsored Links
  #2   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 PM
7 Years of Hypermiler Experience

Vehicles: 2004 Prius Hatchback
Re: FE Test after Wheels, Spoilers Added to HCH II

hm terry you should try crusing at 60 mph and see if you get the same INSTANT FE as tarbell's postings. if you can maintain 60 mph by barely giving any throttle (not to the point you'll enter ev mode) then maybe your mpg meter will spike! i'm guessing 60 mpg plus with your new areodynamic mods.

but i notice the wheels have holes ;P but they look better at least.

ps **** i want your car, it looks very areodynamically sexy.
  #3   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Platinum Contributor

Post Re: FE Test after Wheels, Spoilers Added to HCH II

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmcneal
hm terry you should try crusing at 60 mph and see if you get the same INSTANT FE as tarbell's postings. if you can maintain 60 mph by barely giving any throttle (not to the point you'll enter ev mode) then maybe your mpg meter will spike! i'm guessing 60 mpg plus with your new areodynamic mods.

but i notice the wheels have holes ;P but they look better at least.

ps **** i want your car, it looks very areodynamically sexy.
Phil,

We agree on the Looks.

Terry

#4   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Sorceress of the North

Vehicles: 2005 honda civic hybrid 5MT

hot buggy ya got there, terry. i really like how that 06 looks, and you have only improved it. now if it only had a manual transmission

best segment, 102.5MPG

#5   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Platinum Contributor

Thumbs up Re: FE Test after Wheels, Spoilers Added to HCH II

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurieaw
hot buggy ya got there, terry. i really like how that 06 looks, and you have only improved it. now if it only had a manual transmission
Laurie,

Yeah, I use to Never-Ever buy any Car without the Manual Trans. in it. But traffic now here is a {Nightmare} and that is putting it Mildly.

So the CVT works for me here in the land of More & More & More Vehicles every day.

Terry

#6   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-11-2006, 12:01 AM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)

Hi Terry:

___It is way too early to tell anything about a mods help or hindrance wrt to achieving higher FE … Most aero kits add frontal area and an even higher Cd in fact. Lighter weight wheels can help but it would not take a normal 40 - 44 mpg commuting segment to 54 +. There are far too many variables involved for a one off segment to prove much other then the enthusiasm of said owner going through the roof

___Good Luck

___Wayne
  #7   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Platinum Contributor

Wink Re: FE Test after Wheels, Spoilers Added to HCH II

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Terry:

___It is way too early to tell anything about a mods help or hindrance wrt to achieving higher FE … Most aero kits add frontal area and an even higher Cd in fact. Lighter weight wheels can help but it would not take a normal 40 - 44 mpg commuting segment to 54 +. There are far too many variables involved for a one off segment to prove much other then the enthusiasm of said owner going through the roof

___Good Luck

___Wayne
All Wayne, Be enthusiastic, Please

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker : 09-06-2006 at 06:17 PM.
  #8   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Veteran

Vehicles: Mazda, Honda, Ford

Looks nice Terry. I would have one if there was a 5MT in it. The sedans slick out nice. Getting mine tinted in the am.

And those wheels look awsome!!!!
  #9   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
Looks nice Terry. I would have one if there was a 5MT in it. The sedans slick out nice. Getting mine tinted in the am.

And those wheels look awesome!!!!
psy,

You old dog you are just saying the right things that touch my Heart.

The wheels look even better to be honest with you when you see them in person. The HCH II in the Sedan (Only-Way-It-Comes) does have the Aero-Look when you do the Lower Body Spoilers and then Throw on the Bad Boy Wheels. The car is now like anyone would like one to be. Hybrid or not it is a true {Eye-Catcher}. Psy it kinda makes me feel good that others are now looking at the car not because it is a Hybrid, but because it is so sharp looking, Period.

Thanks,

Terry

BTW, Wish you could see it in person.

Last edited by tigerhonaker : 09-06-2006 at 06:19 PM.
  #10   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Platinum Contributor

Post Re: FE Test after Wheels, Spoilers Added to HCH II

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Terry:

___Good Luck

___Wayne
Okey (Wayne) here is todays trip to the Dealership. I am going to try to see what the FE is through this Thursday. Just to see if I can get Better than the EPA FE Rating. I know what the HCH II got on the same trip to the dealer before these Updates. So I just want to see if I can get the same kind of results after the changes. {With Me Trying} No-A/C

Here is today, Tuesday July 11, 2006 Morning Commute:

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker : 07-14-2006 at 05:29 PM.