User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

Home
CleanMPG Staff
Articles
Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

More Reviews
Gallery
Mileage Logs

CleanMPG Store

Calendar
Glossary
Garage
Files

Research
Related Sites

Archives
Arcade

Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Hybrid Owners Community » Ford Escape Hybrid

Ford Escape Hybrid Everything and anything relating to the Ford Escape or Mercury mariner Hybrid.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

New Ford Escape Hybrid – Glide technique…

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-27-2008, 01:39 AM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)
New Ford Escape Hybrid – Glide technique…

Hi All:

___Welcome to the just launched Hybrid Owners Community – Ford Escape Hybrid forum! With that, here we go

___At the World FE Championships last week, Dan Bryant brought to the table a new Ford Escape Hybrid - Glide technique that does away with both LGA and the double tap Brake - Glide entries. DebbieKatz is currently using it on her daily grind and may have a shot at a 60 + mpg tank on the next go around. Although I cannot give out the details just yet, Dan is writing up a succinct document and I will be asking Debbie to demonstrate the new technique(s) at the Hybridfest Hypermiling clinics to be held in Madison, WI next month!

___It really enhances the capability of the FEH without the guesswork and std. learning curve that the FEH used to require

___Good Luck and I know you are going to like it!

___Wayne
  #2   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-27-2008, 09:10 AM
ФЕХ Царйца

Vehicles: 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD
Re: New Ford Escape Hybrid – Glide technique…

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcel View Post
Hi All:

___Welcome to the just launched Hybrid Owners Community – Ford Escape Hybrid forum! With that, here we go
Applause, applause

Quote:
___At the World FE Championships last week, Dan Bryant brought to the table a new Ford Escape Hybrid - Glide technique that does away with both LGA and the double tap Brake - Glide entries. DebbieKatz is currently using it on her daily grind and may have a shot at a 60 + mpg tank on the next go around.
OK Wayne, I know you like to continue to give us something to strive for, but I'm looking for that 53mpg tank, with *possibly* some 60mpg or more trips

That said, this tank is still above 50 (51.8mpg) & my MTE+trip odo = 713mi.

Look out, Pravus Prime - I promise to teach it to you *after* the MPG Challenge, but first, I have to beat you

Thanks for the new forum, Wayne - this was a great idea

Debbie

I my FEH
  #3   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Vehicles: 99 Elantra, 06 Sedona, 05 Prius Pkg BC

Just out of curiosity, how does the FEH and family fare up on the 65+ MPH highways? Is it still possible to pull into the 40 MPG range? Assuming I'd be driving it at about 55 MPH. I'd really, really like to have an Escape again, and it could be a possible contender for my next car if it can do well on the highway.
  #4   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-27-2008, 03:00 PM
ФЕХ Царйца

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophbalance View Post
Just out of curiosity, how does the FEH and family fare up on the 65+ MPH highways? Is it still possible to pull into the 40 MPG range? Assuming I'd be driving it at about 55 MPH. I'd really, really like to have an Escape again, and it could be a possible contender for my next car if it can do well on the highway.
I'm regularly seeing in the 40mpg's driving 55mph on the highway This past spring, on a trip back from Sheboygan (about 60mi.), I got 42mpg going 55mph - at night, with the lights on. And last weekend's trip to & from Indiana, plus the driving on the course & into town for breakfast & dinner, came out to 42mpg as well - in spite of the fact that I was using A/C off & on throughout

Debbie

I my FEH
  #5   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Veteran

Vehicles: '05 FEH FWD and '09 FEH FWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcel View Post
Hi All:

___At the World FE Championships last week, Dan Bryant brought to the table a new Ford Escape Hybrid - Glide technique that does away with both LGA and the double tap Brake - Glide entries. DebbieKatz is currently using it on her daily grind and may have a shot at a 60 + mpg tank on the next go around. Although I cannot give out the details just yet, Dan is writing up a succinct document and I will be asking Debbie to demonstrate the new technique(s) at the Hybridfest Hypermiling clinics to be held in Madison, WI next month!

___It really enhances the capability of the FEH without the guesswork and std. learning curve that the FEH used to require

___Good Luck and I know you are going to like it!

___Wayne
Sorry Wayne, I must have not seen that technique! I think I posted everything as I discovered it when I discovered it. This is BS Pal!

GaryG
  #6   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-01-2008, 07:56 AM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)

Hi Gary:

___Sorry, it isn't. You won't be using the LGA or double tap nearly as often thanks to Dan's work in his wife’s FEH Debbie is already improving upon her own segments thanks to it too! Four members pulled over 70 on a RT while using it for the first time at the World FE Championships and I have a feeling someone can will pull an 80 mpg segment in one now with even higher speeds simply because it is a lot more Prius like.

___Good Luck

___Wayne
  #7   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 AM
ФЕХ Царйца

It's for real, Gary - I pulled a 70.2mpg on the route, & mine was the lowest

And my current tank average is 50.5mpg at 200+mi., in spite of rain, SummerFest traffic, & road construction

Debbie

I my FEH
  #8   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Vehicles: 99 Elantra, 06 Sedona, 05 Prius Pkg BC

Actually, I read that more to be that Gary is bit peeved that, although he released every item he found the near instant it was found, the updated technique won't be available (or even described in brief) for some time.
  #9   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Still Learning

Vehicles: 12 Leaf SL, 07 FEH, 94 Trek 720

Anxiously awaiting! Maybe I unknowingly used this technique on my single 65.0 mpg commute. I haven't been able to do better than 57 since

I'm not driving as much right now, so my patience is longer that others, but now I'm really sad that I won't be at Hybridfest to see it first hand

Any chance of a video posted here afterwards?
- Rob

Last edited by rdprice64 : 07-01-2008 at 10:16 AM.
  #10   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 PM

Vehicles: 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophbalance View Post
Actually, I read that more to be that Gary is bit peeved that, although he released every item he found the near instant it was found, the updated technique won't be available (or even described in brief) for some time.
That was my take, too. But even if that wasn't his point, it is still very valid. I would think that anything to help FE would be disclosed whenever discovered. I guess we have a paradigm shift now, but I really don't see why.