Originally Posted by phoebeisis
Just 12 KWHr per day- $1.20/d
In April we are lucky to reach 30/d-$3.00
But in the hot months
June July Aug we are happy to get 55/d=$5.50 a day.
Eventually we'll get a more efficient AC system-the ductless type-and better windows
Our house is 1700 sq ft-NOLA-hot humid-someone is always home
- We don't have to do too much cooling, just hot days in July and August. If we got a small A/C unit for the living room it would help make it more comfortable in the hot summer days, but overall just managing windows and closing curtains makes things good enough.
- We heat with, bleargh, oil and for 2012-2013 have paid $381/mo for the heating. :-O
- I'm trying not to replace the relatively old furnace until natural gas is available: Augusta is getting it, and I'm hoping they'll make the hop to our city since there are two colleges and a hospital that could be a good potential customer to get things started while they do residential build-out. Yes, I know, fracking, groundwater etc, but biogas from sewerage, farms, waste, Pine Tree State etc.
- We have a leaking indirect 41 gal water tank that should be replaced within the next 2 weeks and that should cut both water and oil consumption.
- I know there are things we can do improve insulation. I think I'm going to see if I can find a good auditor to get a full list.