User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

• Home
• CleanMPG Staff
• Articles
• Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

• More Reviews
• Gallery
• Mileage Logs

• CleanMPG Store

• Calendar
• Glossary
• Garage
• Files

• Research
• Related Sites

• Archives
• Arcade

• Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Clean MPG Topics » Fuel Economy

Fuel Economy Discuss how to achieve better fuel economy.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

2010 Forester - SAHM?!?

Tags: , ,

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM

Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Forester
Talking 2010 Forester - SAHM?!?

Hi all

Tonight on the way home the car and I were very close to one. I started seeing that with a very small input on TPS, that I was able to maintain 40-55 on state highway(non-interstate). I remember reading about the SAHM on both the Prius II and the HCHII. But I was never able to see anything like that until tonight. The idle TPS is 12 and if I was able to maintain a value of between 13(Near impossible) - 16 or 17 (very repeatable), I noticed that I was getting expected values of mid to high 30's. Now the real fun begins, I started to finesse the gas pedal as work on the IGN values. What I saw was really astonishing is that as IGN moved into the mid 30+ to approximately 40-42, I would see a really impressive gain in instant MPG. I would like to try to repeat it again but this is what I saw:

TPS, IGN Instant MPG
13, 35 90+
14-16+, 40 65+

The reallly cool thing about this technique or feeling, is that the car seems like it is willing to go into a high ign value from about 25mph. Now is this a technique or is it that I am starting to get it .... Please send some comments my way....

Now for the results:

Segment 32.8mpg over 20 mi --- Imagine what it could be if I had paid attention to a few of the lights...

Tank is up to 29.4 over 200miles not at the half mark yet.
  #2   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Vehicles: 2007 HCH II
Re: 2010 Forester - SAHM?!?

Those numbers are very good! Keep it up!

Clifton Park can be a pain in the morning and evening, depending on when you're on the roads, after 6am everyone is on the road :-) and anything after 3:45pm same story, except add red lights that never seem to be green!

Keep it up!

Chris
  #3   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-10-2011, 05:36 AM

Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Forester

The best part is that I am Northbound in the morning and southbound in the evening. I work in Saratoga. The only traffic that will affect me are SPAC concerts and the track. People that are traveling on Route 9 seem less in a rush and I can usually travel between 45-50 with out a problem. I was once given the high beam treatment for a good mile on Route 50.... The other car finally passed only to sit at a red light for 5 minutes. I wonder what the rush was....
  #4   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Practicing true conservatism!

Vehicles: 2005 Kia Spectra EX 5spd, 2006 Honda Accord LX-SE VTEC 5spd, 2007 Kymco People S 250

That is an interesting find... cool! Have you been able to reproduce the numbers to verify?

Best Segment - 76.5 MPG / 2.8 mi
Best Tank - 748.6mi @ 45.1 MPG 11/11/12

New to the site? Start here! Welcome to CleanMPG Primer
  #5   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)

Hi Skduffy:

Sounds like your Forester has some of the SAHM in it from your descriptions too

Wayne