This Needs a Catch Phrase or Word
There needs to be a word or phrase to describe how people self-deceive or self-brainwash themselves...when reality does not suit them, they pretend they can change as if they are on the Holodeck in Star Trek: The Next Generation
- "Peak Oil is not going to happen anytime soon...we will find a way to keep oil cheap and plentiful indefinitely"
- "A Prius is too small for me (it feels like a pay phone booth) - I need an Expedition"
- Dust to Dust is fact because it fits my preconceived beliefs - period.
- Trading the regular Tahoe to a hybrid Tahoe instead of a CR-V or FEH makes me "green"
- The Earth is in no danger of being depleted - don't pay attention to dwindling supplies of Cod in the Atlantic or disapperaing Coral Reef in Australia.
Denial does not quite encompass this mentality.
All is vanity
Last edited by Chuck : 12-04-2007 at 08:08 PM.