User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

Home
CleanMPG Staff
Articles
Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

More Reviews
Gallery
Mileage Logs

CleanMPG Store

Calendar
Glossary
Garage
Files

Research
Related Sites

Archives
Arcade

Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Our Community » Website news & discussions

Website news & discussions Discuss website problems and features here.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Mileage Logs

#11   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 08-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Penguin of Notagascar

Vehicles: '12 LEAF SL, '02 Insight 5spd MT
Re: Mileage Logs

Actually, they are just applied directly to the CAFE numbers since that is all that is published for motorcycles (if even that).

<-- She got to drive an EV before I did!!

I'm a slow driver with a FASed car!

New? Start here!
  #12   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Homura-chan's selfishness

Vehicles: BMW F650CS, Toyota Yaris 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Lane Cruiser View Post
Actually, they are just applied directly to the CAFE numbers since that is all that is published for motorcycles (if even that).
Yup, I'd like to see official figures for our bikes, but there are only constant 90 and 120km/h values for the F650CS (so I used them having nothing else) and nothing for the GV250

#13   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-07-2012, 03:25 AM

As my log got longer both in entries and years, I spotted another distracting issue: it seems that the graph gets drawn starting at the present, and going back in time; so the previous years' data lines cover the new points. I think it would be better to start at the first entry and let the recent ones drawn on the top of the old ones.

And the average trip distance metric conversion bug is still there, too

#14   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Penguin of Notagascar

I never noticed the drawing order before. I'll have to noodle on that one for a while.

Sorry I never got back around to troubleshooting the average trip distance conversions!!

New? Start here!
  #15   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Vehicles: '11 Kia Sorento, '03 BMW 330i, '97 Toyota Camry

Absolutely love the site, the forums, and most especially the mileage logs. Amazing! Simply Amazing! There is something that does kinda frustrate me (of course everyone has to nitpick right???). It is great that everyone can put in numbers and I like that driver designations are at 5000 mile intervals. The frustrating part for me is having to scroll so far down to get to my cars. I feel that this is in part to all of the cars that only have 1 or 2 tanks of gas input into the system. It is great to see that someone got 45 mpg in their car, but when I see it was a 200 mile tank... Not sure if that is something that could even be modified to where people can see their mpg's when they log in but not on the main page until they hit 5000 miles. Regardless, this isn't a deal breaker for me. You are doing a great job and this post is in no way meant to be a putdown. thanks
  #16   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-07-2012, 11:25 PM

Hmmm... yes, it would be really nice (for example) to be able to filter to 'actively updated' vehicles, or ones with a certain amount of entries or distance. That could easily exclude those entries with a few tanks some time in the past.

Though I don't have many problems with Wayne's 250cc motorcycle test entries - I'll never beat them, but I don't even have to, I just sort on distance and I feel unbeatable

Ather than that, you can always see your own vehicles on the very top of the page, in case you'd like to update their logs.

#17   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM

Vehicles: 2012 Toyota Prius c

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro84 View Post
As my log got longer both in entries and years, I spotted another distracting issue: it seems that the graph gets drawn starting at the present, and going back in time; so the previous years' data lines cover the new points. I think it would be better to start at the first entry and let the recent ones drawn on the top of the old ones.
alvaro84, this is a great idea.

I would love to see the graph drawn from old to new. After 4 years and 177 tanks, the recent data gets buried in the old data: http://www.cleanmpg.com/index.php?pa...)&viewcar=1057

To Right Lane Cruiser and everyone who works on this website. Your effort is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by digidug : 08-22-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added graph link. Removed signature.
  #18   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-10-2012, 12:11 PM

Vehicles: 2008 Honda Civic Si

i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but i'm trying to add a new vehicle and i can't pick anything newer than 2006.
  #19   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Newbie McNewbster

Vehicles: '11 Honda FIT Sport AT

Just type it in.
  #20   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Penguin of Notagascar

The last time new car models were loaded into the logs was 2006 -- I have to do a major rewrite in order to import newer because they changed the ratings methodology in 2007.

It is on the (rather long) list.

New? Start here!