User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

Home
CleanMPG Staff
Articles
Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

More Reviews
Gallery
Mileage Logs

CleanMPG Store

Calendar
Glossary
Garage
Files

Research
Related Sites

Archives
Arcade

Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Our Community » Events and Gatherings

Events and Gatherings Meets and Events

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

New Drive$mart Wisconsin Meet on May 26th

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 04-29-2012, 10:29 AM

Vehicles: 2000 Red Insight 5sp
New Drive$mart Wisconsin Meet on May 26th

Hello to all D$W members and friends,

What can I say but it’s been awhile since we’ve connected with each other. My knee revision went fine technically, but the physical therapy has been much harder and longer than my previous knee surgeries. As some of you may know, physical therapy is both physical and psychological and the later has limited my focus on our D$W activities. But I believe that I’m in a better place today and it’s time that we get D$W back in gear. I want to thank all our members that sent me emails of support and encouragement because it meant a lot to me and my family and they let me know that we’re all connected through Drive$mart Wisconsin.

Since our last successful Meet in December at Andrew Toyota, we’ll be moving back to our original home at the Oak Creek Public Library for this 1st Meet of 2012. In addition to catching up with one another, our main segment will be focusing on the Prius V and Prius C with our Toyota Prius expert Wayne Mitchell of the Chicago Prius Group presenting. Wayne has been behind the wheel of both and he’ll give us all the technical aspects of these vehicles in addition to his behind the wheel feedback too. I know that several of our members have bought the Prius V and I hope that they’ll share their experiences as well. With regards to the newer Prius C, Wayne Gerdes feels that this may be the next triple digit mileage contender.Check out these links for additional information:

http://www.andrewtoyota.com/
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43556
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43213

We also wanted to share several other upcoming events that we would encourage you to check out. This Friday, MATC and Wisconsin Clean Cities SE will host the 9th Annual Green Vehicles Workshop at the Downtown MATC Campus. It’s a great all day event of vehicle display, presentations and information that is the best alternative vehicle event in the area.

http://gvw.eventbrite.com/

D$W member Ben Nelson continues to lead the electric vehicle movement in our area and in Wisconsin and any D$W member who is interested in EV’s will not be disappointed by getting involved with Ben and his activities. Whether you’re a novice or experienced tinkerer, your interest in EV’s will be fulfilled by getting your hands dirty.

http://milwaukeemakerspace.org/milwa...ctric-carclub/

Mark your calendars for 2012 Green Drive Expo that will be held in July in Madison. Details will be developing.

http://www.greendriveexpo.com/madison-expo

For our first timers, here’s the way things generally work at a meet. We begin to gather in the Library parking lot about 9:15am to schmooze and show off our vehicles. If the weather is good, we’ll begin check-in and our VTP’s (Vehicle Tire Pressures) at that time. At 10:00am we’ll begin to setup our room and by 10:20 we should be set to begin our introduction round robin and/or a “Fuel for Thought” quiz. We’ll have a short session and then take a short break for snacks and item sales. We’ll then have our main session and offer some updates, reviews, news, short subjects and door prizes and then break for lunch about 12:00 pm. After our potluck lunch, we’ll begin our Drive $mart sessions about 12:30 pm and begin cleanup. Beverages and utensils will be supplied but we encourage all attending to bring some food to share. (Main dishes are greatly appreciated). Be prepared to be gracious, with the understanding that the agenda usually does not follow the timeline.

Drive $mart Wisconsin Meet, No 36

Saturday, May 26, 2012
9:30am to 12:00pm

Oak Creek Public Library
8620 South Howell Avenue
Oak Creek, WI. 53154
414-764-4400

Directions: http://tinyurl.com/2kv67k

9:00 – 10:00 Outdoor and indoor gathering, discussions and introductions
10:00 – 10:10 Check- in and registration
10:20 – 10:45 tentative Introduction Round Robin or “Fuel for Thought Quiz”
10:45 – 11:30 “The Inside Scoop on the Prius V and C” Wayne Mitchell, of the Chicago Pius Group
11:30 – 11:45 Open discussion
11:45 – 12:00 Drive Smart Wisconsin news. upcoming events, spectacular door prizes
12:00 – Open Potluck lunch and D$A Test drives

As expressed earlier, please feel free to bring any co-worker, friend or relative if they are looking for options with their high fuel costs and that would be interested in getting better mpg in whatever they’re currently driving. Our Meets are the best way to get accurate and real life info on vehicles getting great fuel economy and actual behind the wheel Drive $mart training for hybrids and non-hybrid vehicles with some of the best fuel efficient drivers in the World. We’ll also have “spectacular” door prizes, free handouts and interesting displays in addition to our legendary D$W camaraderie. This is the Meet that could change someone’s life.

We’ll also have the following items for sale at the Meet:

The Accutire Tire Gauge MS4350B for $14.95.
The Linear Logic ScanGauge 2 with X Gauge for $139.95
The New Linear Logic ScanGauge-e for $85
Toyota OEM 1st /2nd gen Prius Electric Block Heater for $39.95
Bob Sikorsky’s book, “Green Driving” for $14.95
Bentley 2004-2009 Toyota Prius Repair and Maintenance Manual, for $49.95
Green Slow Moving magnets and stickers, for $1.50 and $3.00

We thank the 43 members that attended our December Meet at Andrew Toyota, including 5 first timers, and we anticipate still another great and memorable meet. Also we wish to thank all of our D$W members across America and Canada for your encouragement and support in the continual growth of the D$W, the largest hybrid owners group in North America.

We hope you can make it to this first D$W Meet of 2012 and we hope you bring someone who is interested to getting 10% to 30% better mileage in their current vehicle…YES 10% to 30% better mileage.

Questions please call us at 262-691-4349.

Bradlee and Justin Fons
& the Drive$mart Wisconsin Planning Group
Sponsored Links
  #2   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Penguin of Notagascar

Vehicles: '12 LEAF SL, '02 Insight 5spd MT
Re: New Drive$mart Wisconsin Meet on May 26th

I'm glad you are feeling better!!!

<-- She got to drive an EV before I did!!

I'm a slow driver with a FASed car!

New? Start here!
  #3   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the words of support Sean.

The thing is that due to my limited range of motion, I've not driven my Insight since Feb. 12th, the day before my surgery. When Justin was in town he took it out to keep it's juices flowing and he said it ran great...in the 90's MPG.

I've been baby sitting a D$W members 06 Prius and I've been getting in the mid to high 60's MPG but mostly driving my 05 Town and Country and getting about 26 MPG in that.

Soon I should be ready to head back to my Insight and I'll be back in heaven...a little.

Bradlee
  #4   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-21-2012, 06:06 AM

Just a short update in prep for our Meet this Saturday.

Steve at Andrew Toyota gave us a Prius c to scope out this weekend and here are my results:

- over 20 mile drive from the dealer to my home with 3/4 city and 1/4 country, I got a 78.8 mpg in the regular driving mode, using Drive $mart techniques.

- over the same 20 miles and in the Eco-mode, not EV-mode, I got a high of 99.8 mpg which dropped to 97.0 mpg because a gate was locked and I had to go around the block.
The only screen I used was the Consumption Screen, not using the Energy Screen for P/G confirmation.

I think these are some decent numbers for someone who did not even know how to turn the Eco-Mode on when taking the car to my house.

Great city opportunities with this car, which Wayne Mitchell will talk about at the Meet including his extended driving experiences with the car.

Hope you can make it to another interesting D$W Meet...

Bradlee
  #5   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 PM

The reason our members come to our Meets should be to learn things, things they may not know.

I'm coming to our Meet tomorrow to learn how to drive a Prius C with a better sense in what I'm doing. As I have chauffeured this C to and from the dealer, I thought I had some idea on what I was doing. I was wrong. My numbers mentioned above were not honest because I did not understand how to read the various screens. With no owners manual to check and not talking at length with Wayne Mitchell about the in and outs of the readouts, I was not as good as I had thought.

Honestly is embarrassing sometimes but the point is that others often times know more than you. I'm pretty good but not as good as the numbers indicated.

So let's learn together tomorrow on how the Prius C really works...

Bradlee
  #6   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Legend In His Mind

Vehicles: 2008 Honda Civic LX auto

Gosh , I wish I could attend. Instead , I have some "mandatory" family activities. I'd like to see what you can do with a c after a little more seat-time , Bradlee.
  #7   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 AM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)

Hi Bradlee:

I left a VM on your cell that I cannot make it today. I have been under the weather since getting back from Elkhart Lake two days ago

Wayne
  #8   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 PM

Wayne, I got your VM and shared that you were unable to make it and you know we missed you. You've got to stop burning both ends of the candle...it catches up with you.

Edwin, we had a great Meet of 33 D$W members in attendance including a newbie couple from Burlington WI. We had many members up from Illinois and a couple drove down from Fond Du Lac to attend. Wayne Mitchell gave an extraordinary 1.5 hour PP presentation on the V and C whicn made our members 90% knowledgable than any sales person on either car. We had 2 new V"s on site as well as the C that I got some more "seat time in".

On my 32 mile route to the Meet I got 82 MPG and on the highway back to the dealer I got 76.5 MPG so my first numbers may not have been that far wrong.

We had a great time and the members, and myself, expressed how we missed each other over these almost 6 months of not Meeting and looked forward to the rest of 2012.

Stay in touch for more details...

Bradlee
  #9   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Penguin of Notagascar

Vehicles: '12 LEAF SL, '02 Insight 5spd MT

Great to hear it went so well, Bradlee!! One of these weekends I'm going to have to make some time to come out again... perhaps when my son is a bit older (6mo now).

<-- She got to drive an EV before I did!!

I'm a slow driver with a FASed car!

New? Start here!
  #10   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 AM

Thanks for your kind words Sean and it would be great to see you again. You know there are so many things to do in the Milwaukee area...make it a family event. You'll need about 5 hours for our Meet and the rest of the family could have many times that in Milwaukee enjoyment.

Hang in there and stay focussed on you #1 priority...your family.

Bradlee