User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

• Home
• CleanMPG Staff
• Articles
• Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

• More Reviews
• Gallery
• Mileage Logs

• CleanMPG Store

• Calendar
• Glossary
• Garage
• Files

• Research
• Related Sites

• Archives
• Arcade

• Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Conventional Automobile Owners Community » Kia

Kia Making every mile count - Discussions about Kia and Kia automobiles.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

newbie with a new kia optima hybrid

Tags: ,

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 04-22-2012, 09:03 PM

Vehicles: 2012 KIA Optima hybrid
newbie with a new kia optima hybrid

Well it took 4 test drives for me to jumped into the hybrid game and love it. The optima has size, weight and best of all looks. Very happy with the 39.4 mpg on the first tank. ( 729 miles and 18.5 gals ) not too bad for 50 / 50 tank of C/H driving, thats 10 morning cold start and 10 late afternoon starts. hope to see more as the car get the miles added on it. Dave.
Sponsored Links
  #2   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM

Re: newbie with a new kia optima hybrid

Hey Dudley.

Thanks for taking the jump with Kia Motors America. I'm really excited for you and your new Kia Optima Hybrid. The Optima is one of my favorites, and I hope you like it as much as I do.

If you ever need anything, or have any questions, we're here to help.

Also, you probably know that Kia offers an industry-leading Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program which you can learn more about by selecting "Warranty" at the bottom of the page at Kia.com.

Enjoy your Kia!
Kevin
Kia Social Team
  #3   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)

Hi Kevin:

Online forum thread replies should not sound like an ad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of the Kia Social Media Team

Hi Dave:

Thanks for purchasing Kia's midsize class design leader ( CleanMPG Reviews the 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid) and Fuel Economy World Record holding Optima Hybrid. I'm excited for you as the Optima hybrid is one of my personal favorites. I hope you like it as much as I do

If you ever need anything, or have any questions, let us know.
Kevin, I could not have said it any better myself!

Dave, you have one hell of a car and I know you are going to love it!!!

Did you purchase the Convenience or Technology package with yours? I really like the HID’s (lower night time power consumption), panoramic sunroof from an exterior looks perspective and the leather interior looks and feels so comfortable. I like the base Optima hybrids UVO system (best I have used to date), comfortable seats in all ambient temperatures and I really like both vehicles Proximity key. Having the ability to open the front doors from either side and lock them with the small button embedded in the handle is one of the best features I have ever used in an automobile and better than others proximity key systems.

Did I mention that it looks “Kick @$$” hot too

Let us know if you need anything else and please read up on some of the threads the new Optima and Sonata Hybrid owners have posted in the last two months or so. Good stuff indeed.

Wayne
  #4   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 04-23-2012, 10:19 PM

Vehicles: 2012 KIA Optima hybrid

Hi Wayne, I got a satin metal with black base optima, the only thing that I would have like to have was the panoramic sunroof. The base is a loaded car as you said. I have been reading on this site and other for sometime. I went to the local car show and was blown away at fit and finish and needed to test drive one, they filled it up and gave me the keys (fob) a for 24 hours. The car a new 2011 only produced 28 mpg. 2 months later the 2012 started showing up and same test drive only produced 33 mpg, still not happy. 2 more test drives and here I am. Thank you all, for the info. Dave
  #5   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 04-24-2012, 01:47 PM

Hey there!

Sorry - I did not mean to "sound like an ad!" I was just really excited about the purchase. As Wayne mentioned, you have one heck of a car - and Satin Metal looks very smooth in my opinion.

I'd suggest becoming familiar with the UVO Powered by Microsoft Infotainment System. Play around with it, you'll see how it gives you control of your personal devices through the in-car connectivity. It is a cool feature.

Again, congrats on your new Kia Optima.

Best,
Kevin
Kia Social Team