User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

Home
CleanMPG Staff
Articles
Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

More Reviews
Gallery
Mileage Logs

CleanMPG Store

Calendar
Glossary
Garage
Files

Research
Related Sites

Archives
Arcade

Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Our Community » Events and Gatherings

Events and Gatherings Meets and Events

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Drive$mart Wisconsin 2012 Update

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 02-11-2012, 05:59 PM

Vehicles: 2000 Red Insight 5sp
Drive$mart Wisconsin 2012 Update

Hello to Drive$mart Wisconsin members and friends,

As we experience a little bit of winter this weekend, I see that our mild weather will be with us next week. As Ken and Wayne continue to install electric block heaters for our members, I think everyone else is experiencing the better than average winter fuel economy due to the mild weather. Let’s hope this trend continues as we embrace spring for real.

Our last Meet at Andrew Toyota on Saturday Dec. 17th was a huge success. We had 43 members in attendance as they experienced the expertise of James Hahn and Steve Butcher of Andrew and got to see and test drive the new 2012 PriusV and Toyota Camry Hybrid. We all enjoyed our traditional Round Robin, great food and of course great questions and answers on Drive$mart and other transportation issues. We want to thank Steve and Andrew Toyota for their hospitality and enjoy the article by Charlie Rosenberg of the Milwaukee Examiner;

http://www.examiner.com/commuter-in-...andrews-toyota

Our unique group has been around for 7 years and during that time we all have gone through a lot of changes. With the help of the 6 members of our Planning Team, we have experienced growth, new educational opportunities, great outreach experiences and most important we’ve developed a community of members, very much like a family. As in all families, priorities and interests change and that’s the case with our Planning Team. Two of our Planning Team members have decided to devote their time to other interests which opens up the opportunity to our D$W membership to join our Planning Team. If you have enjoyed the Meets and other activities of our group, please drop me an email if you think you could help plan, organize and give direction to our D$W in the future because we could use your help. If you can give us a little of your time but more important your enthusiasm to spread the word about who and what Drive$mart Wisconsin is to the public.

One last note, which will effect our D$W overall, is that I need to have knee revision surgery on my most recent knee replacement. Knee replacements should last 15-20 years and mine has prematurely failed at just 6 years, so it’s out with the old and in with the new. Because of my upcoming surgery and with our Planning Team in transition, all D$W activities such as Meets, the Milwaukee Auto Show, Earth Day events will be on hold until I’m able to recover and focus once again on our D$W. This may mean only 2 or 3 Meets for 2012, however I would still like to hold at least 1 or 2 Pump Your Ride to $avings events with several corporate sponsors in 2012.

I’m sorry for that we’ll not be meeting for several months but there is a great alternative; our sister group, the Madison Hybrid Group. Our friends Eric Powers and Linda Weidemann would more than welcome your stopping by and participating in their Meets. For more details:

http://www.madisonhybridgroup.com/

I thank you for all your support, encouragement and participation over these 7 years and I now I appreciate your patience and anticipation for the year 2012. Please drop me an email if you would consider joining our D$W Planning Team and I plan on talking with you in April, if not before.

Bradlee Fons
Drive$mart Wisconsin
Sponsored Links