User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

Home
CleanMPG Staff
Articles
Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

More Reviews
Gallery
Mileage Logs

CleanMPG Store

Calendar
Glossary
Garage
Files

Research
Related Sites

Archives
Arcade

Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Conventional Automobile Owners Community » Other Manufacturers

Other Manufacturers Discussion about other manufacturers and their automobiles.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Mitsubishi -- Serious about electric cars

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 12-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Veteran

Mitsubishi -- Serious about electric cars

Up to 50% of sales may have plugs by 2020.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/mits...ar-plan/260322

They are the hungriest. They've got the most market share to gain. They're coming in from the bottom and middle of the $ categories (instead of that "top down" crap).

I think it's likely that Mitsu will lead the "plugged-in" segment in sales.
Sponsored Links
  #2   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 12-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Veteran

Re: Mitsubishi -- Serious about electric cars

I think it would be great, but Mitsubishi is almost dead in the US
  #3   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 12-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Legend In His Mind

Vehicles: 2008 Honda Civic LX auto

I really liked some of the older Mitsubishi's , like the Colt/Mirage,but they have not offered us any efficiency in a long time. Yes, they seem to be almost dead here , but one "magic 40" car would get them some attention and credibility. Make it available in a manual hatch,please.
  #4   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 PM

MITSUBISHI really got great supermileage cars these days: In the old world, the ASX is being marketed with a 1.8 litre Diesel engine developing 300 NM torque and 150 HP. I thoroughly tested this vehicle on behalf of Mitsubishi Switzerland in the Alps. On a 769 mile loop (with 34'500 ft altitude gain/loss, ø 37.6 mph, ø load 250 lbs, 21% divided highway) the average MPG was 54. The vehicle delivers 62/63 MPG at ø 55 mph on highways...
My 2 drives with two different i-MiEV resulted in a consumption of 7.8 miles per kWh at 64°F (total range: 106 miles) and 7.3 miles per kWh at 40°F (total range: 109 miles) at ø speeds of 25 - 28 mph in suburbs.
  #5   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Veteran

Very impressive, are those imperial or US gallons?. Have you tested a Leaf yet?
  #6   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Veteran

Vehicles: 2014 Prius 3 / MX 5 Miata /06 Prius.

Probably converted to US gal.. Only Canada and Brits use Imperial. I am not sure why? H
  #7   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Legend In His Mind

Vehicles: 2008 Honda Civic LX auto

Quote:
Probably converted to US gal.. Only Canada and Brits use Imperial.
Does Canada use Imperial gallons ? Isn't fuel sold by the litre ? Or does the Imperial gallon only exist in the minds of a few (stubborn) Canadians ?
By the way , this isn't a slam against Canadians. I'd be proud to live there (BC) and call myself one.
  #8   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 01-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Vehicles: 2010 Toyota Prius II, 2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinTheMagnificent View Post
Does Canada use Imperial gallons ? Isn't fuel sold by the litre ? Or does the Imperial gallon only exist in the minds of a few (stubborn) Canadians ?
By the way , this isn't a slam against Canadians. I'd be proud to live there (BC) and call myself one.
It's used in advertising to give a big mpg number.
  #9   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Veteran

Vehicles: 2014 Prius 3 / MX 5 Miata /06 Prius.

Canada has been metric since about 1970? H