User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

• Home
• CleanMPG Staff
• Articles
• Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

• More Reviews
• Gallery
• Mileage Logs

• CleanMPG Store

• Calendar
• Glossary
• Garage
• Files

• Research
• Related Sites

• Archives
• Arcade

• Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Our Community » Off-Topic

Off-Topic If it doesn't belong anywhere else you will find it here.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

A little help in pricing/purchasing a 1934’ Buick Coupe?

Tags: , , , , ,

#1   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)
A little help in pricing/purchasing a 1934’ Buick Coupe?

Hi All:

___My father is interested in picking up a classic from a bygone era and found a 34’ Buick Coupe listed at $35K up for auction on E-Bay. Reserve protected of course … The car is in my home town and I posted the pics of the beauty below.

___Anyone know of a good way to price something like this Classic Car out? The Interior seat fabric and door panels are not original and the ICE could use a rebuild from an aesthetic point of view (to clean her up as it runs fine). The Odometer shows 29K miles but actual miles are unknown … The cars description is as follows:
Quote:
Model 56S, 119" wheelbase, one of only 1150 built, rumbleseat, dual sidemounts with metal covers, trunk rack, artillery wheels with trim rings and Buick hub caps, wide-white-wall tires, High/Low octane selector, clock, front and rear bumper guards, two-tone brown/brown drab with light gray broadcloth interior, 8 cylinder 235ci engine with 3-speed transmission, odometer reading: 29,345 (actual miles unknown), VIN 2715794, Engine #: 2875216.
___Thanks in advance.

34’ Buick Coupe

34’ Buick Coupe – Dash

34’ Buick Coupe – Engine Bay

34’ Buick Coupe – Interior

___Thanks in advance.

___Wayne
  #2   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-26-2006, 03:04 PM

Re: A little help in pricing/purchasing a 1934’ Buick Coupe?

Wayne - you might try Hemmings - it's a popular source for people in the classic cars biz.
As an aside, I placed an ad with Hemmings' and a couple other places for a friend last month who had a '67 Mustang - car had been sitting on consignment at a local shop for months, but three weeks after the ads that I wrote for her went up, she sold the car for a good price.

I took the liberty of searching for '34 Buick', and got the following result:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...uick&x=20&y=11

When I refined it to '1934 Buick', I only saw the one 56S coupe - probably the very one you're looking at. I'm not a professional appraiser, but just in the little bit of info I saw on similar Buicks, and knowing the condition you describe this one in, it might be priced as much as $10K high. From what I see, people running these cars often price the cars a bit high, expecting a counteroffer. Just like buying a new one

Another place you might try locally is the Volo museum - they could put you in touch with a person / organization who might know something about the car. I don't know if you read the Tribune often, but Jim Mateja often uses them in his articles about classic / collectible cars, for those looking to get their hands on a piece of yesteryear.

Mark

2006 Civic Hybrid - #8661
Born 12/28/05; In-service 1/21/06
LMPG: 53.8mpg & continuously rising

Founder / President - Team MagPearl
  #3   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 PM

Hi Mark:

___My father placed a bid in at $21K which scared me a bit but at least he is in the ball park. I sent him a link to this thread, he saw your post, and will become a much more informed purchaser with what you have given. Thank you for the knowledge based “insight” as it will definitely be heeded in his case.

___Good Luck and thank you for the quick reply!

PS: Be on the lookout for a write up with your involvement in the not to distant future …

___Wayne
  #4   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 09-01-2011, 09:06 AM

Vehicles: 1937 Packard 115 C business coupe

Hi,
I'd like to find out if the member who posted this 2006 forum question can contact me? Apparently this 1934 Buick 2 door sport coupe located in Nashville TN is again for sale here in Sept. 2011, and I'd like to talk with anyone, including the member who posted information to email me at hdhntr@comcast.net.
r/
Bob
  #5   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 09-20-2011, 05:24 PM

Hi Hdhntr:

You are speaking with him

Wayne
  #6   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 12-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Caliente!

Vehicles: '00 Echo, '09 H-D Nightster, '11 Kia Rio

VMR Intl., is a steady source for pricing as well, even though they do tend to lowball a bit (which is good for you, the buyer )

-James