User Name Password    
CleanMPG, Learn to raise fuel economy and lower emissions in whatever you drive.  
MENU
• What is hypermiling? •
CleanMPG to AAA:
• Hypermiling Rebuttal •

• Home
• CleanMPG Staff
• Articles
• Fuel Economy Forums
      • Register
Go Hypermiling!

Car Reviews:

2013 Elantra GT

2013 Elantra Coupe

2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Mazda CX-5

2013 Lexus GS 450h

2012 Prius c

2013 Malibu Eco

2012 Hyundai Accent
   Bike and Gear Reviews:

HTC Thunderbolt

2010 R 1200 GS (A)

Kawasaki KLX250SF

Zero S

Aerostich Darien

Shoei Hornet DS

Honda CRF230L

Yamaha XT250

• More Reviews
• Gallery
• Mileage Logs

• CleanMPG Store

• Calendar
• Glossary
• Garage
• Files

• Research
• Related Sites

• Archives
• Arcade

• Monthly Fuel Efficient •
Vehicle Sales Figures

ScanGauge with X-Gauge: $159.95

Pre-programming, a CleanMPG laser cut decal, and shipping included!

Even better value for members only is available in the latest SG-II w/ X-Gauge Group Buy purchase thread.

While we strive to provide only the highest quality information through our members' offerings, if you find the information provided valuable, please consider a donation so that we can offer an even better experience for the membership and guests well into the future.

Thank you

-Wayne Gerdes
Owner/Admin
CleanMPG

Home Fuel Economy Forums Gallery Mileage Logs

Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   CleanMPG Forums » Information » Articles

Articles CleanMPG Articles discussion.
Only Moderators may start threads, but anyone can read and respond to them.

Welcome to the CleanMPG forums.

Some posts may describe situations which may in some cases be unsafe or illegal in some jurisdictions. Please use common sense and consult your local laws to make sure you do not hurt yourself or others or break any laws.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions, articles and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Pulse and Glide plus Warp Stealth in the Prius II for maximum FE …

Tags: , , , , , ,

#51   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 10-29-2010, 06:22 AM

Re: Pulse and Glide plus Warp Stealth in the Prius II for maximum FE …

Hi,

I'm a new member to the forum, hypermiling and Prius III ownership. What a great resource this site and some others have been. Looking forward to contributing as I learn & experiment.

Have been trying various techniques. With 4k on my 2010. For the last 1k am averaging 62.6 mpg. Have all tires at 44, what is the reason for suggested difference between front and back pressure?
  #52   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM

Vehicles: 2010 Toyota Prius II, 2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachPri View Post
Hi,

I'm a new member to the forum, hypermiling and Prius III ownership. What a great resource this site and some others have been. Looking forward to contributing as I learn & experiment.

Have been trying various techniques. With 4k on my 2010. For the last 1k am averaging 62.6 mpg. Have all tires at 44, what is the reason for suggested difference between front and back pressure?
Front heavy cars need extra pressure on the front tire.
  #53   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-24-2011, 03:26 PM

Vehicles: 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid

I dont know if it was luck or not, but after reading this article last night I left for the gym. The battery's charge was pretty low and the engine was cool. I drove the Fusion 1.9miles to the gym at about 40mph. I was not able to get it into EV mode but it charged up the battery pretty good. The trip to the gym was about 31mpg. After spending 2 hrs at the gym I left for home, the engine had cooled down alot but the battery was charged up pretty good. I got the Fusion up to 40mph and then started my glide, It took me a few seconds to adjust the accelerator into the happy spot where there is no regen or use of the battery. Of the 1.9 miles home, I able to go the final 1.2 miles using no gas. I got 74mpg on the trip home. Maybe it was a fluke or good luck, but the 74mpg (my previous best on the home from the gym was 63mpg) has motivated me to continue trying the P&G method. The article was very informative and was very easy to understand. Xcel, can you direct me to other articles such as this? Plenty of info but easy for a hybrid beginner to understand? The "Beating the EPA" link on the home page is good starting point, but now I wanting more!

#54   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Super MPG Man/god :D

Vehicles: 2007 Toyota Prius, 2000 Honda Insight 5MT

It definitely wasn't luck; there's a lot more available with some practice if the Fusion is anything at all like the Prius. I drove to our county fair today with all 4 of us in the Prius and all I really did was P&G from 40-30 mph and glide up to corners with stops and I was able to get just over 83 mpg on the 15 mile or so trip on mostly country roads. I probably could have squeezed 90+ out if I had tried real hard but I was happy with what I got since the last mile or less was stop and go getting into the fairgrounds.

#55   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-24-2011, 03:54 PM
PZEV, there's nothing like it :)

Vehicles: Accord, Ranger, and anything else ;)

Hi Delond2:

You are hooked and I am damn proud of you for it

And driving an FFH no less makes it all the more sweet!

Wayne
  #56   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-24-2011, 05:17 PM

Vehicles: 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Thanks guys. I tried it again on my trip to the gym today. I got 65mpg on the way home from the gym. It could have been higher but I had to stop at a traffic light. The previous best of 63mpg mentioned above was without stopping at any lights. I will see what I can do on my drive to/from work tomorrow.

#57   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Practicing true conservatism!

Vehicles: 2005 Kia Spectra EX 5spd, 2006 Honda Accord LX-SE VTEC 5spd, 2007 Kymco People S 250

Awesome! This makes me happy, echoing Wayne.

Best Segment - 76.5 MPG / 2.8 mi
Best Tank - 748.6mi @ 45.1 MPG 11/11/12

New to the site? Start here! Welcome to CleanMPG Primer
  #58   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 PM

Vehicles: 2007 Ford Focus S 5MT

I'd love to see a write-up on this technique in a gasoline-engine vehicle, such as mine. I currently do not use P&G for two reasons: 1) crazy drivers, 2) lack of knowledge about how to perform the technique successfully in a combustion engine.

uRabbit's FoFo Mileage Chart
  #59   Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl
Old 11-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Vehicles: 2011 Ford Fiesta ses 5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by deleond2 View Post
I drove the Fusion 1.9miles to the gym at about 40mph.
Ummm???