Colin Wright - CleanMPG
- Sep. 3, 2011.
Audi A3 TDI - featured in Audi's "Green Police" commercial, the A3 TDI is an efficient compact, with an EPA rating of 34 miles per gallon combined and 42 miles per gallon on the highway. A3 TDI sales consistently account for over 40% of A3 sales and August was a particularly good month.
August 2011 was Audi's fourth-best month ever with sales of 10,201, an 11.1% gain on August 2010.
Audi sales in the U.S. year to date grew 15% to 75,256. The luxury car brand has recorded best-ever months in 12 out of the past 13 months.
A4, A5, Q5
Audi's top-selling vehicles all saw decreases in sales.
The A4 fell 8.3% to 2,623, the A5 fell 7.2% to 1,322 and the Q5 fell 14.0% to 2,301.
However these decreases were more than offset by sales gains in other models.
A6, A7 and A8
The update to the 2012 Audi A6 helped increased sales by 36.4% to 989.
The new 2012 Audi A7 sold 703 vehicles.
The Audi A8 sales increased by 392.6% to 468 vehicles sold; YTD A8 sales are up 563.4% to 3,768 vehicles sold.
Sales of the A3 rose 35.5% to 764 and sales of the Q7 rose by 28.6% to 720.
The Audi A3 TDI accounted for 69% of sales.
The Audi Q7 TDI accounted for 45.5% of sales.
(It suggests Audi sold around 855 diesels, around 57.6% of sales where TDI is an option and 8.4% of total Audi sales)
Automobile Manufacturer's US Sales Rank - August 2011 vs. August 2010 Comparison and Total Sales
- GM August Sales up 13.4% with 218,479 vehicles sold.
- Ford August Sales up 7.0% with 175,220 vehicles sold.
- Chrysler August Sales up 25.6% with 130,119 vehicles sold.
- Toyota August Sales down 16.1% with 129,483 vehicles sold.
- Nissan August Sales up 17.7% with 82,517 vehicles sold.
- Honda August Sales down 27.2% with 82,321 vehicles sold.
- Hyundai August Sales up 4.9% with 58,505 vehicles sold.
- Kia August Sales up 22.0% with 41,188 vehicles sold.
- VW August Sales up 6.2% with 25,232 vehicles sold.
- BMW August Sales down 4.0% with 23,924 vehicles sold.
- Mazda August Sales up 10.2% with 22,632 vehicles sold.
- Subaru August Sales down 9.9% with 20,837 vehicles sold.
- Mercedes-Benz August Sales up 1.3% with 20,728 vehicles sold.
- Audi August Sales up 6.8% with 10,201 vehicles sold.