And the lucky winner is ??????
Mike Sirach - CleanMPG
- December 15, 2010
The online auction for the Chevrolet Volt closed at 6 p.m. today at $225,000.
Chevrolet will announce the auction winner, and present the auction proceeds to the Detroit Public Schools Foundation, after verifying the final bid. Name, address, and valid credit card number was required to bid on the auction, but a $250,000 credit limit was not specified.
The vehicle offered in the charity auction was the first Chevrolet Volt available for sale, bearing the vehicle identification number ending in BU100002. It features a Viridian Joule exterior, Light Neutral interior with dark accents, Premium Trim Package, Rear Camera and Park Assist Package, and polished wheels. The auction also includes a 240-volt charging station and home installation.
All proceeds from the auction will benefit the foundation’s support of science, technology, engineering and math initiatives for Detroit Public Schools students.
The list of bidders until this afternoon were:
- volter $185,000.00 Fri, 3 Dec 2010 11:38:04 AM EST
- barritzboy $180,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 5:48:04 PM EST
- Model Electronics $175,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 2:57:57 PM EST
- barritzboy $125,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 5:47:42 PM EST
- barritzboy $110,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 5:46:39 PM EST
- volter $100,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:02:11 PM EST
- Model Electronics $85,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 2:54:44 PM EST
- zagatalm $75,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:59:32 PM EST
- zagatalm $65,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:59:00 PM EST
- svaughn $55,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:17:44 AM EST
- RocknRoll $50,000.00 Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:04:12 AM EST
According to the Detroit Free Press
, GM will not reveal the winning bidder until a GM event Thursday night. The price shot from $185,000 to $225,000 in a frantic down-to-the-wire exchange between two people with screen names "Volter" and "ChargeOn," with the latter submitting the winning bid just 14 seconds before the deadline.
The $225,000 question is: Who is the lucky winner?