”Smokin hot” March for Nissan!
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- April 1, 2010
The Nissan Versa pulls in 13,811 customers in March of 2010 vs. just 6,733 in March of 2009, an increase of over 105%!
Nissan reported March 2010 sales of 95,468 units versus 66,634 units a year earlier, an increase of 43.3 percent, compared with March 2009.
“As the industry continues to show signs of life, we want to make sure that Nissan continues to get an even bigger piece of the sales pie,” said Brian Carolin, senior vice president, Sales and Marketing, NNA. "After achieving a record 9 percent share in the first two months of 2010, our 43 percent increase in March confirms Nissan is a big winner in the industry."
Nissan sales increase 44 percent on strength of both cars, trucks
Nissan Division sales totaled 85,526 units, an increase of 44 percent over March 2009. Nissan set a March record for car sales, including Versa, up 105.1 percent; Maxima, up 93.0 percent; and Altima, up 26.3 percent. Trucks also demonstrated strength, with most models showing double-digit percent increases over March 2009.
“The Nissan division saw sales in March at the highest rate since last August,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “We’re particularly encouraged by the performance of core models like Altima, Versa, Sentra and Rogue, which drive our business.”
- Nissan vehicles posted sales of 85,526 units in March compared with 59,392 units sold in March the previous year, a 44.0 percent increase.
- Nissan had a record March in passenger car sales, with 59,203 total units sold.
- Versa had its best March ever, with 13,811, up 105.1 percent.
- Rogue also set a March record with 8,395, up 20.2 percent.
Sales of Infiniti vehicles were 37.3 percent higher than a year before, totaling 9,942. The M, buoyed by the launch of the all-new 2011 model, was up 62.5 percent over last March. Sales of the G lineup increased 45.1 percent, and QX56 had another strong month, up 242.4 percent.
“With the launch of the 2011 M sedan, and the unveiling of the all-new 2011 QX this week in New York, this is the strongest Infiniti showroom yet,” said Ben Poore, vice president, Infiniti Business Unit.
- Infiniti sales for March 2010 were 9,942 units, up 37.3 percent from the 7,242 units sold in the same month a year earlier. This was Infiniti’s best sales month since August 2008.
- Infiniti M sales, boosted by the newly-released 2011 model, totaled 1,440, up 62.5 percent.
- Sales of the G Sedan were up 44.5 percent to 4,021 units, and sales of the G Coupe rose 46.7 percent over last March, with 1,650 units.
- The QX56 full-size luxury SUV sales totaled 1,041, up 242.4 percent.
Nissan March 2010 and Cumulative Sales Totals
|January – March||204,535||154,051||32.8%|