Official sales stats out yesterday show more Australians bought a Corolla during this rough financial year than any other new vehicle on the Continent.
Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
- Sept. 4, 2009
2010 Australian Toyota Corolla 5-door (Auris in Europe) – 32 mpgUS combined (on ???) and comes std. with a 6-speed stick
Toyota Corolla, the world's best-selling automotive nameplate, is also Australia's most popular car.
Corolla has been Australia's top-selling car in both July and August and its two-month total is more than five per cent ahead of any other vehicle.
In August, Toyotas filled three of the top six spots on the national sales chart with Corolla being joined by HiLux and Camry.
Toyota also scored a trifecta with Kluger, Prado and RAV4 being the best-selling sports-utility vehicles.
The sales results plus other economic indicators are suggesting that more business and private consumers will have the confidence to purchase new vehicles over the balance of the year.
Std. features include:
- Dual VVT-i 1.8L engine delivering 134 HP
- 6 speed manual transmission or 4 speed auto with sporty gated shift
- MP3 compatible 6 speaker audio with Audio Input
- 6 disc CD changer (Conquest, Levin SX & ZR, and Ultima)
- Smart Entry and Start System (Ultima and Levin ZR)
- Bluetooth™ handsfree compatibility^ (Conquest, Levin SX & ZR, and Ultima)
- HID & auto headlamps (Ultima and Levin ZR)
- Rain-sensing windscreen wipers (Ultima and Levin ZR)
- 16” alloy wheels (Conquest, Levin SX & ZR, and Ultima)
- Dual front SRS airbags standard