Archives

View Full Version : My trip to kalamzoo

tbaleno
05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, I was doing great. Had the tank at about 63mpg after traveling about 20 miles. Then I had some stop and go which dropped my mpg a few mpg. Once I got through it (I don't know how many miles it was, I started to pull the tank up again. A fully loaded car with suitcases and necessities like my laptop, games for the kids, and that sort of thing made it difficult to stay over 80mpg on the instantaneous. At times I had to use the A/C for the wife and kids (my son had drops of sweat on the back of his neck so I couldn't say no, nor would I want to. I also hit patches of fog for a dozen or so miles so I had on my fog lights. Music wasn't too loud, so I probably didn't use too much fuel to power my radio with the 3 1K watt amps which is a plus. I was able to bring it back up to FCD 64, but that was about all I could do. That means the mileage was probably about 58 for the trip from Chicago to Kalamazoo. My fuel gauge is about about 3/8 full, and I had about 150 miles on the tank before starting out, so it is nice to see it only moved about 1/4 tank for the trip so far. My wife will be doing the majority of the driving over the next few days, and it will be short trips, so it will probably go down. She did promise to do her best though.

tbaleno
05-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, I'm back. My wife dropped the trip milage down to 58 on the fcd. On the way home I was able to get 65.8mpg on the fcd (air conditioning on for the first half of the trip.) I'm sitting at about 3/8ths of a tank. The FCD for the tank is showing about 60mph or so.

Pravus Prime
05-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Sounds pretty good. How did you go? I-94 to 59 North?

In my experience, having twice driven back from Chicago to Detroit, I always get better MPGs coming back then going out, but that's staying on I-94 for pretty much the entire route.

diamondlarry
05-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Sounds like you had a good trip.

tbaleno
05-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeh, I took 94.

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.