Archives

View Full Version : Which Film Has Done More Good?

Pravus Prime
04-21-2007, 11:38 PM
While high gas prices are always a help, positive media, and the assorted other ways people are "waking up" to driving more efficiently, which film has done more good towards pushing up the MPG's of America?

Who Killed The Electric Car showed fuel pigs in a terrible light, and showed Hybrids as being a great median, as well as promoting new technologies and busting the myth on Hydrogen, as well as bringing to the forefront the idea of getting better MPGs and looking to get away from MPGs as a whole.

An Inconvienant Truth has one scene that I think stays with most Nenpimaniacs, the chart that showed the FE standards of the world over the next few years, and how sluggishly America's rising FE mandates are, especially when compared to China's.

So, which film has helped more and why?

BailOut
04-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Although I think that "An Inconvenient Truth" has the more important and larger message it seems to me that most folks had a more immediate and stronger response to "Who Killed the Electric Car?".

For example my Father-in-law has been gradually making some green changes, but after watching "Who Killed the Electric Car?" early last month his Tahoe has only moved from the driveway twice. He takes my Mother-in-law's Pontiac sedan on errands instead. This one change outdoes all of his other green efforts combined.

xcel
04-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Hi Rich:

___I voted “An Inconvenient Truth”. “Who Killed the Electric Car” stirred up stronger emotions at the time I watched it but there are so few that even know what an electric car is let alone care. I had to drive almost 25 miles to an off-the-beaten-path Avant Garde theater to even see it given it was not in any of my local theaters … “An Inconvenient Truth” was instrumental in changing attitudes. Either you watched it and now understand or you are a standout who prefers to hide under a rock to the detriment of us all :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Chuck
04-22-2007, 08:23 AM
While I voted An Inconvenient Truth, if you changed it to "which did you get more out of - personally?" - it would have been "Who Killed the Electric Car?"

I already know about Climate Change in general, but did not know a lot about the EV1 and it's counterparts.

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.