Archives

View Full Version : Tire Rotation Made Me Feel Like a "Girly Mann"

Chuck
04-15-2007, 09:52 AM
I rotate my own tires and change my own oil most of the time. Had a little suprize rotating the tires. Turns out that a guy at the body shop last December got carried away with his air drill on the rear right tire. For all intents and purposes, he might as well welded the nuts on. :( Got them rotated for free at the Firestone dealer I got the tires. :)

Chatted with the guy that last year thought me Insight woudl be a cool pocket rocket. At first I thought he was clueless, but apparently somebody has taken an Insight and dropped a 300hp Acura engine in it. I realize a stock 5-speed Insight is 1847 pounds without A/C and a Cd of .25, but it seems like you could do the same thing with a CRX Si.

BailOut
04-15-2007, 10:17 AM
One of my coworkers has a CRX Si just like that. The original owner replaced the standard drive train with the in-line 6-cylinder engine from a Japan-only HRC Acura Integra, along with its 6-speed MT.

That little car is very fun to drive. ;)

Doing this with an Insight would be like putting a square peg into a round hole, though.

ATL
04-15-2007, 12:12 PM
when will people realize that an impact gun is not to be used to tighten things...

your lugs should be torqued with a torque wrench to prevent one lug from being tightened more than the others which could result in premature warping of a rotor

Chuck
04-15-2007, 12:41 PM
One of my coworkers has a CRX Si just like that. The original owner replaced the standard drive train with the in-line 6-cylinder engine from a Japan-only HRC Acura Integra, along with its 6-speed MT.

That little car is very fun to drive. ;)

Doing this with an Insight would be like putting a square peg into a round hole, though.

I agree.

The CRX Si is almost as light and aerodynamic as a Insight. Swapping engines on an Insight would be more complicated since we are dealing with getting rid of the hybrid battery pack, etc. The CRX Si was built for speed and uses a conventional engine - it should be easier to trick out.

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.