Archives

View Full Version : Model Driver's Husband Shot Dead by Road Rager 1 Mile from My WorkPlace

Chuck
03-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17859974/

I've said numerious times, that I drive on the right and let others freely pass me by...well this could have been me, but I have no regrets for the way I drive....we just have too many raging idiots. :mad:

Detectives said they think Sonya Woolsey was driving the speed limit through a construction zone, angering the driver of a light-colored SUV behind her. They said Sonya pulled over to allow the driver to pass, and the driver fired one shot into the window, killing Kenneth (her husband - child was also on board).

Ironically, this was on the edge of Restland Cemetary. :(

brick
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
That's insane. I think it's time to start medicating people en masse.

Chuck
03-29-2007, 09:10 PM
One thing unrelated that makes me even angrier this happened is so many people give good drivers a hard time. A lot of us have discussed this on various forums. Many of them want everybody to speed around like that road rager so he does not hurt anybody....even assine arguements that it saves gas by allowing him to go 10-20mph over the posted limit unobstructed. {sigh}

The roads are looking like the Wild West.

BailOut
03-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow. That could be me.

5 days per week I do the 50 MPH speed limit on my commute, always allowing folks to pass when it's safe, but there isn't a week that goes by where I don't get flipped off at least once.

Maybe one day some asshat will use a different finger...

It's a sad state of affairs.

xcel
03-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi Chuck:

___I can only hope they catch that SOB and in Texas, the death Penalty is still enforced correct? What a sad state of affairs our country is currently in :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne

psyshack
03-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Very sad Chuck.

Wayne:
Texas and Oklahoma love to put folks like that in the dirt. Yes we love our death penalty and use it more than any other states in the nation.

psy

Chuck
03-29-2007, 09:33 PM
The posted speed limit was 35-45. I usually approach work in a different direction and kind of glad now.

They have to find the dirtbag first, but I'm not sure he can get death for this...I know if it's a child, peace officer, or more than one killing he can....also wonder what his criminal record is. Conviction is likely - his family was in the car. :(

psyshack
03-29-2007, 09:52 PM
The shooter can be given death penalty here for that.

Chuck
03-29-2007, 09:57 PM
This was a nice area of Richardson twenty years ago, but rougher elements have crept in over the years. A pickup truck was stolen from the parking lot this week.

locutus
03-29-2007, 10:05 PM
:eek: :( :mad:

In approximate order of my reaction to this story... surprise that road rage culminated in killing... saddened that someone just going about their business, sticking to the laws of the road was just senselessly killed... and ANGER at that road-rager. I'd post more but it would probably need to be censored...

Chuck
03-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Let's say I hope he gets an inmate that will rage at him...

I was driving with someone from lunch at almost exact place and some Trans-Am flew past him 20-30 mph by us inches away. :eek: Would not be suprised if some drugs were involved.

BailOut
03-29-2007, 10:23 PM
I just left Texas and I can tell you that any Capital Murder qualifies for the death penalty. "Capital" is loosely defined as a murder that involved any other felony along with it.

- If the shooter wasn't licensed for a Concealed Carry it's a felony.

- If the pistol isn't registered, and therefore didn't go through a 5-day waiting period at purchase time, it's a felony.

- If he sped away from the scene doing 70 MPH or better it's a felony as he doubled the speed limit.

- If he made threats, verbal or gesture-wise, to the family before he shot they could be labeled as "Terroristic Threats" (a label that predates 9/11 and has nothing to do with radical Muslims) which is a felony.

I think you get the idea. It's very easy to turn a Murder into a Capital Murder in Texas.

When I lived there I used to always see signs along the highways that said, "DWI Texas: You can't afford it", and I thought it would be so appropriate to put another sign right next to each of them that said something like, "Murder in Texas: You picked the wrong State, genius". :)

Chuck
03-29-2007, 10:34 PM
BTW, the family was shopping for a home.

Dan
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
God bless their family. With his wife and son in the car, I can't even imagine... I'm at a total loss for words.

I truly hope that justice prevails, that the shooter is found and tried.

lightfoot
03-30-2007, 04:06 PM
This is horrible.

Maybe a lesson is that is if a roadrager is following you don't pull over for them, they can aim better. I'm not joking.

philmcneal
03-30-2007, 04:15 PM
heh, that could have been me at any time... time to start judging people by how they look no matter how rude it may seem... when your on the road its for yourself or for all!

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.