Archives

View Full Version : The Best Hypermiler on Star Trek?

Chuck
02-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Warped humor here. :D

Just for fun, which Star Trek character could push a starship the greatest distance on a dilitium crystal? Be prepared - there are a number of compelling cases - and one awful one. :p

I wanted to include Q on the poll. :D

Regardless of your answer, none of them can pulse and glide the way NASA does now. ;)

xcel
02-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Chuck:

___I guess I am the only one who voted so far? Scotty would kick all their @$$e$ :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne

psyshack
02-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I to have to go with Scotty. hes also know to push her above the limits. :)

Chuck
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I to have to go with Scotty. hes also know to push her above the limits. :)

The 1st time I did this poll, I got so many cries about Scotty being left out. I'd give him the highest marks for simply dealing with the Ricky Bobby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballad_of_Ricky_Bobby) of Star Trek :eek:

Kirk: More power!!

Scotty: She's gonna explode over the entire sector any moment! - Please!!!

Kirk: More Scotty!!!

the overwhelming transmission whine becomes even more deafening...

:D :D :D

diamondlarry
02-22-2007, 02:06 PM
I had to vote for Geordi La Forge. I say that because of the episode where they were trapped in the energy damping field and he came up with a way to extend the power reserves.

brick
02-22-2007, 08:26 PM
I look at hypermiling as 80% head game, and with that I have to give Janeway and the Voyager crew the nod on the basis that they are presented with the best motivation.

Chuck
02-22-2007, 09:29 PM
I look at hypermiling as 80% head game, and with that I have to give Janeway and the Voyager crew the nod on the basis that they are presented with the best motivation.

When is laurie going to say Janeway would be more inclined to ask for directions than a male starship captian? :D

The Voyager seriew cenered on makeing a 70,000 light year return back to Earth. Of course they occasionally sliped by getting the Delta Flyer shuttle up to Warp 10 (infinite speed). :D

SmittyNC
03-08-2007, 08:00 AM
I voted for Geordi. Although Scotty, B'Elana, and O'Brien are all excellent engineers, I've always felt that Geordi was the most practical and levelheaded of the group -- traits that would certainly serve to help a hypermiler!

That said, Scotty's a close second :)

Pravus Prime
03-17-2007, 01:23 AM
What, no Data?

I'll go with Miles than. Given how many times he had to improvise with ships like Defiant, Runabouts, and DS9, I'm sure he knows all kinds of ways to stretch out that power.

Chuck
03-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Pravus,

The poll limited me to ten choices, so Data got crowed out after listing all the captains and engineers. I will conceed that listing Kirk was sort of a joke choice as he was the gearhead of the Federation. :D

Interestingly, Brent Spiner is from Houston and Michael Dorn is from Lukin, Texas I beleive. Being familar with the Texas Aggies Corp, I'd have to ask Dorn if he sort of pretended Klingons were just extraterrestial Aggies. :D But I'm serious - both are military-driven, traditional, into DUTY & HONOR, a code of conduct, silly rituals.

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.