Archives

View Full Version : Peanutbutter recall

diamondlarry
02-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Have you checked your peanutbutter lately? I just saw on my local news that Peter Pan and Great Value is suspected to be contaminated with salmonella. The number code on the lids of the product starts with 2111. I went and looked at my 2/3 empty jar and found the above code number.:eek: I ate some of it as early as yesterday morning; 3-4 tablespoons. I am either immune or my jar is not contaminated.:D

tigerhonaker
02-15-2007, 06:51 PM
:eek: I better take the time to look and see what I am eating for Peanut Butter. :confused:

That was in the Local Newspaper this morning.

Terry (tiger)

diamondlarry
02-15-2007, 06:58 PM
I think I'll be fine since I had some pb from the same jar this past Sunday and the Sunday before that.

tigerhonaker
02-15-2007, 09:05 PM
:( Hey I just checked my Peter Pan jar and it is that run. :( I have eaten about a 1/3 of it already.

I just threw it in the Trash. I guess it was okay I am still among the Living, ;)

Terry (tiger)

laurieaw
02-15-2007, 10:24 PM
i only buy organic.....do you realize that most of those commercial ones add not only fat, but sugar????:eek:

PaleMelanesian
02-16-2007, 08:24 AM
We had half a jar with that number on it! :eek: It went out this morning for trash pickup. Funny how the Walmart brand and Peter Pan are made in the same factory. Different label, different price. :confused:

tigerhonaker
02-16-2007, 07:00 PM
:flag: Update on the Peter Pan Peanutbutter.

I just pulled mine back out of the Trash Can. It just hit me if I was going to get "SICK" I would have already. I read in the Newspaper where the public was throwing their Peter Pan away and then realized that the jars they had were not making them Sick. So they were going back and pulling them out of the trash when possible. There was a pretty lengthy article about this again today. It did point out that even if the number of that run was on your container and you had been eating it already and had not any of the symptoms listed then don't worry about it and keep your Peanutbutter and enjoy it as always.

So I am keeping mine. :woot:

Terry (tiger)

diamondlarry
02-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I've pretty much decided to keep mine too.

Mr. Kite
02-17-2007, 11:05 AM
i only buy organic.....do you realize that most of those commercial ones add not only fat, but sugar????:eek:

...not only fat, but trans fat!!!

Yeah, I buy the stuff that has peanuts and salt as the only ingredients.

tbaleno
02-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Mmm, yummy goodness. Whats peanut butter without sugar added. Seriously though. Just knowing it was part of the same batch I'd probably not finish the jar even if I didn't get sick at first. Maybe those little germs are at the bottom of the jar and haven't moved upward yet. The whole idea of it would turn me off of not just that jar, but the vendor as well for a while.

Pravus Prime
02-17-2007, 11:06 PM
I use JIF. Extra crunchy.

diamondlarry
02-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Mmm, yummy goodness. Whats peanut butter without sugar added.

I actually get a big soup-spoon full of PB a put a small "hole" in it then fill it with honey before I eat it.:D

Chuck
02-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Maybe I should eat peanut butter more often - non contaminated of course.

I've been on threads like this recently on nutrition with all kinds of opinions. I'm leaning towards processed foods being a risky choice because they tend to be high in salt, sugars, and presrvatives. I have been better staying away from the vending machine, but still have those moments.

psyshack
02-18-2007, 11:43 AM
We had one of the Greatvalue jars in the recall. And yes I had eaten 3/4's of it. The wife and one of the daughters felt the need to panic and trash the jar. Now I have no peanut butter in the house. :( Lots of Honey and Milk,, but no PB. :( with Daytona on today,,, thats bad.

When this all came out. Phil and Brent on KMOD ( Brent is Roy D. Mercer ) Had a field day with it on there morning radio show. They were a tad leary of those Skippy PB eating boys.

What shocked me about the whole mess is just how many folks in private really love there peanut butter. I didn't think much of it as a kid. But as a adult its wonderful. And it looks like a lot of adults feel the same way.

psy

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.