Archives

View Full Version : Could Global Warming Help The Bears Win Super Bowl?

Chuck
02-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm serious.

There is a 50% chance of rain in Miami today. It would be the first time a Super Bowl game has been rained on in the 41-year history.

Rain generally hurts passing and favors defenses. This would reduce the edge Peyton Manning has over Rex Grossman, and favor the Bears defense. Central Florida had 160mph wind Saturday. :eek:

About nine hours after this post we will see if GW affected the outcome.

tbaleno
02-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I thought they were playing in a dome. Also, I believe it has snowed a few times in superbowl history but I could be wrong.

Chuck
02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
The "Ice Bowl" that Green Bay beat Dallas was just before the Super Bowl era.

Most of the Super Bowls have been in Miami, New Orleans, and Southern California. Indoor stadiums have had most of the rest, plus Houston and Jacksonville, Florida.

Mr. Kite
02-04-2007, 07:08 PM
What a game so far! As for the rain, it should not be that surprising. This is the 9th Super Bowl that Miami has hosted. These have all been in January and February. Over the past 51 years in Miami, January and February have averaged 7 and 6 days of measurable fainfall, respectively. Also, both of these months historically average over 2 inches of rainfall. Statistically speaking, it should probably be more surprising that there hasn't been a rainy Super Bowl in Miami before this one.

xcel
02-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi All:

___The answer to this question has been found. “Da Bears” had their butts handed to em :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Chuck
02-05-2007, 05:09 AM
Hi All:

___The answer to this question has been found. “Da Bears” had their butts handed to em :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Even though he had some infamy being associated with a botched field goal that might have beaten Seattle, a guy from Eastern Illnois could have made the difference if he were with Chicago. Tony Romo has had experience beating the Colts. ;)

JimboK
02-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Rain generally hurts passing and favors defenses. This would reduce the edge Peyton Manning has over Rex Grossman...
But Rex has had a hard time hanging onto and passing a dry ball. Spray a little moisture on it ... well, 'nuff said. Yay Colts!!!

Chuck
02-05-2007, 07:23 AM
But Rex has had a hard time hanging onto and passing a dry ball. Spray a little moisture on it ... well, 'nuff said. Yay Colts!!!

The last time the Colts won a Super Bowl - Mike Ditka was a tight end for the Cowboys and Baltimore won on a last-second field goal....Craig Morton was the Cowboy's "Bad Rex". :(

Fenrir
02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't follow football, but man, the party was on last night! About an hour after the Colts landed in Indy they were on a float in a parade through downtown to a big celebration at a packed (36,000) [product endorsement] Dome. The cold (about 10 degrees F) didn't seem to deter many. I've never seen anything like it.

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.