Archives

View Full Version : “Money Well Spent” highlights fuel-efficient made-in-Canada Toyotas

xcel
03-06-2009, 10:59 AM
http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/2/Canadian_Flag.jpg Toyota’s 2009 Canadian Red Tag campaign goes live. (cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=192461)

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/500/2009_Toyota_Corolla_CE.jpgWayne Gerdes – CleanMPG (cleanmpg.com) – Mar. 6, 2009

Canadian 2010 Toyota Corolla CE – Starts at $15,160 (Canadian) and 30 mpgUS combined on the 08 EPA.

Toronto, ON -- Canadian drivers are looking to make smart choices when shopping for their next new vehicle and Toyota is attempting to persuade them that their vehicles are the smart choice. The 15th annual, Toyota Canada “Red Tag Days” are currently on the air and highlighting the fuel efficient, made-in-Canada, Toyota Corolla, Matrix, and RAV4.

This year, Toyota is using a new theme called “Money Well Spent”. This advertising campaign will feature 30 second spots airing during prominent TV periods and supported by a direct mail initiative.

Regarding the Canadian built 2010 Corolla and Matrix, there are plenty of reasons why Canadians should consider either.

2010 Canadian built 10th generation Corolla

The Canadian manufactured 2010 Toyota Corolla S, LE now join the XRS’ inclusion of Toyota’s Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) standard. VSC is also available on Corolla CE models equipped with the Enhanced Convenience Package. The Corolla S and Corolla XRS may also be ordered with a new Leather Package, while a new Moon Roof and Navigation Package is available for the Corolla LE.

The 2010 Toyota Corolla is now on sale across Canada. The Corolla CE carries a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $15,160. The Corolla S starts at a suggested price of $19,985, the Corolla LE starts at a suggested price of $20,865, and the Corolla XRS starts at a suggested price of $22,250.

2010 Canadian Matrix

Similar to the Corolla S and LE, for the 2010 model year, the Canadian built Matrix XR and Matrix AWD join the Matrix XRS by including Toyota’s Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) standard. In addition, all three Matrix’ include Traction Control (TRAC) as standard equipment. These two Toyota handling and control technologies are also available on the base Toyota Matrix equipped with the Touring Package.

The 2010 Toyota Matrix is now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada. The Matrix carries a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $16,330. The Matrix XR starts at a suggested price of $20,240, the Matrix AWD starts at a suggested price of $23,360, and the Matrix XRS starts at a suggested price of $25,940.

The Red Tag – “Money well spent” campaign began March 3 and runs until May.

ksstathead
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Is the CE more or less the 'base' package in the 2009 brochure I keep drooling over?

mdensch@charter.net
03-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I hope Toyota paid for the above 'ad'.

xcel
03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi Mdensch:

___No they did not but I hope it helps someone in Canada drive a Corolla or Matrix vs. whatever they could be driving... How about you?

___Good Luck

___Wayne

mdensch@charter.net
03-06-2009, 04:31 PM
My hope is that press releases from the marketing departments of car companies not find their way onto sites such as this. Engineering news, technological developments, leading edge research are one thing, but this one is basically just ad copy.

ksstathead
03-06-2009, 04:55 PM
I come here for news about pricing and packaging of fuel efficient vehicles, in addition to the techie stuff. I've seen similar for all such vehicles, not just Toyota or other foreign makes... FFH, FEH, Cobalt XFE, Volt, etc.

mdensch@charter.net
03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Ok, so I'm a crank.

I come here for the techie stuff. I go to Consumer Reports for unbiased information when making purchase decisions.

ksstathead
03-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I look there, too. But the timeliness and detail is lacking at times.

xcel
03-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi Mdensch:

___I will promote fuel efficient vehicles over non-fuel efficient vehicles and if a Canadian member or viewer sees this and purchases a Corolla, good for him, GOOD FOR YOU and good for the rest of us!

___Have you followed the Prius-II and HCH-II pricing and incentives as of late? Guess what I have posted about BOTH over the past 6-weeks?

___If you do not want to read it, don't! If you want to look at Consumer reports and their ability to achieve 19 mpg from an 05 Honda Accord (city test IIRC???), good for you. Do you use CR’s for a good price on a car??? I would hope you would know better than that given an Accord is worth far more than that and could be purchased for far less $’s but I would be guessing given your unbiased research sources?

___Good Luck

___Wayne

JusBringIt
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
This site features any and all available information leading up to the wise purchase of your next automobile along with how to drive these and make the best of them.

This story undoubtedly fits like a glove.

lightfoot
03-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Ok, so I'm a crank.

I come here for the techie stuff. I go to Consumer Reports for unbiased information when making purchase decisions.

After subscribing to CR for many years, I quit. Partly because their perspective is different from mine, especially on cars. An immediate reason was that I did not consider buying an Insight sooner due to their bad review of the car, and it has been the best and most fun to drive car I have ever owned. CR just didn't get it, and they should have.

Harold
03-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Last Aug. back east they held a FE contest with 10 cars of the same catagory near Toronto. 10 cars and ten drivers and a co-pilot Each car had 50 ltrs. of fuel. They changed drivers and co-pilot every 100 kil. Last three cars running where a Elantra by Hondi, Honda Civic and Toyota Carola. All had auto Trans. I can't remember the actual kilo. of each but the Elantra ran out at around 900 kilo.. The Civic managed 970 area and the Corola about 1025 kilo. was last to run out. I was sure the Civic would win! :(Hal

mdensch@charter.net
03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey, just exercising my freedom of speech. If I see something on here that I object to, I'm gonna let ya know. Have a good day.

seftonm
03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Harold, some of the cars in the 2008 50-litre challenge (if that is what you are talking about) had manual transmissions. For example, the Civic had a manual while the Corolla had an automatic. Amazing that they did better with the Corolla auto than the Civic manual.

JusBringIt
03-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Harold, some of the cars in the 2008 50-litre challenge (if that is what you are talking about) had manual transmissions. For example, the Civic had a manual while the Corolla had an automatic. Amazing that they did better with the Corolla auto than the Civic manual.

In this case it's not so much the cars, but the driver...and the initial specs of course.

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.