Archives

View Full Version : 2009 5-door Yaris for USDM

Kinder
07-01-2008, 01:32 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/01/toyota-adds-5-door-yaris-to-u-s-lineup/

Fantastic news, and smart move by Toyota not to wait until the next-gen Yaris. The 5-door liftback Yaris will be available as a 2009 model for the US, and as icing on the cake (assuming you like safe high mpg hatchbacks), four side curtain airbags are standard equipment.

PaleMelanesian
07-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Woo! that's great news!

Skwyre7
07-01-2008, 02:06 PM
I especially liked the bit about Psych. I always think that too when I watch it. But more on topic, yay for a 5-door rollerskate!

Corolla07
07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
W00t! W00t! We're finally getting the 5-door!

aca2983
07-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Put the gauges in the right place, give it cruise control and an optional moonroof and I might bite.

ATL
07-01-2008, 05:06 PM
ARRR, why didn't they offer this last year, the 5 door is much nicer to my eye than the 3 door

gurr, oh well

Kinder
07-01-2008, 06:25 PM
aca2983--Cruise is available on the 5 door according to my linked article, but I dunno about the moonroof and am sure the gauges will not be going anywhere. My personal preference--I rather like my xB's pie plate central speedo, and that frees up space behind the wheel for my SGII.

If the Yaris 5door had been around when I bought my 06 xB, I would have definitely cross-shopped them; I looked at the xA pretty hard (another 5 door hatch) but decided the xB's cargo space was too appealing to pass up for only a few mpg--the yaris might have had enough of a mpg difference to sway me (same engine in all 3 but Yaris has a much lower 5th gear). For a few days recently I was in limbo as the xB was in a wreck (thankfully nobody hurt, my fiancee was driving) and it was close to being a total but it has since returned from the shop and drives 95% as good as before (thus my absence lately from cleanmpg). I was thinking that the Yaris is about the only thing out there that fits my needs in a new car--cheap, and efficient both FE-wise and use of space. The new Scion lineup is really disappointing to me as it is more expensive, heavier, and less efficient. But now it looks like I'll be driving the xB for the foreseeable future, though I might yet have to test this new 5 door!

xcel
07-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi All:

___I pulled a few pics form the Toyota Canada press site for you to see the 5-door’s exterior in its full glory :)

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/2/2008_Yaris_RS_5-door_Hatch.jpg

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Copyright 2006 Clean MPG, LLC. All Rights Reserved.