MB A-Class

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by xcel, Mar 29, 2008.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

___While perusing the net for News this morning and afternoon, I came a across some pics of the MB A-Class you may be interested in. Although I have already reported on the MB B-Class 150 and 170 series compacts, I thought a taste of what these things look like in the A-Class sized realm would be worthy of at least a look. The story was only slightly news worthy given the B-Class story above but the pics sure were nice. MB sure does have some lookers in the sub-compact A-class!

[​IMG]
    MB A-Class

___Good Luck

___Wayne

2. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Wow, a mini Prius!

3. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

A stretched Smart! Very good lookin auto. H

4. xcel

Hi All:

___Although I doubt I will ever have the opportunity to own one of these, I just love the FIT like exterior and the luxurious interior of a MB all in the same vehicle ;) Just another pic of the A-Class sized MB …

[​IMG]
    MB A-Class A200 - 4-door this time.​

___Good Luck

___Wayne

5. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Mmmm...I bet the seats are comfy.

6. WriConsult

WriConsult Super Moderator

A-Class is a sweet looking car. Amazingly, I saw one parked on the street in my neighborhood a few months ago. It had Mexican plates, so apparently the A-Class is available in Mexico!

7. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Any word on what this premium subcompact costs?

8. xcel

Hi Sean:

___I see a base price of €20,319 Euro’s. The base Prius-II and HCH-II in Germany costs €24,900 and €22,950 Euro’s respectively. I am sure a thousand or so more Euro’s for the 2.0L CDI?

___Good Luck

___Wayne

9. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

My family rented an A170 in August while we were in Switzerland. It did not have any luxury features North Americans would expect from a Mercedes-Benz, but then again it was a rental. The rear doors even had manual windows. The car did feel like it was well-built though. It was smooth, quiet, and felt very solid and stable, especially compared to the compact rentals we have here. Even with its 115 hp and 5-speed automatic, it did reasonably well when loaded down with 4 people and luggage. Cruising on the highway at 75 mph was a very nice 2300rpm, but a downshift was usually needed for most maneuvers that required accelerating.

This was our car:
    [​IMG]

10. xcel

Hi Mike:

___I take it that was the petrol version? Any diesel rentals while you were there?

___Good Luck

___Wayne

11. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

Hi Wayne, it was the petrol version. I forget who we rented from, I think it was an American company such as Hertz, but their entire fleet at the Geneva airport was petrol. I did see a few diesel rentals from other companies, but the petrol versions still hugely outnumbered them.

12. donee

donee Well-Known Member

Hi All,

There is a A class that tools around the western 'burbs, and I got a good look at in when it was parked in a lot once. I have heard through various freinds that it belongs to a physicist out at Fermi Lab, who brought it over, as he is originally from central Europe. They are quite nice looking.