Huge number of visitors as of late …

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by xcel, Mar 16, 2008.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

___I am not sure who visits CleanMPG but in the middle of the night, I have been seeing upwards of 125 + visitors at a given point in time and lately during the day, 100 + on average all day long. The YaHoo spiders sometimes make up 50% of the totals however :( Either way, I think we are beginning to reach more than just your casual observer :) Let us all hope they use what they have found here to improve their own FE and lower emissions all the while extending the time we have to allow the new tech to arrive without as much pain as it will if the masses do not jump on board …

___Good Luck, welcome and thanks to all those visitors.

___Wayne

2. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

For Thurs/Fri we averaged 200 members during a 24 hour period.

3. Dan

Dan KiloTanked in post 153451

4. Neicy

Neicy Well-Known Member

Just read the Reader's Digest article (excellent btw) and this site is one of the two mentioned. Maybe people are reading it and coming here for more information. Hope so.

5. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Do you have a link to the Readers Digest Article?

6. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Well-Known Member

I logon in the middle of the night, when I get home from work, when on afternoon shift :D

7. Dan

Dan KiloTanked in post 153451

8. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Well-Known Member

Great article, thanks for posting the link Dan

9. hobbit

hobbit He who posts articles

See if you can grab some referers and user-agents from the logs
    and boil down some stats; that will help eliminate a lot of the
    spiders and see how many *humans* are visiting. There are
    apparently a bunch of new bots that recently started up, so
    they're noising up the counts.
    _H*

10. lamebums

lamebums Member

Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 217

11. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

awesome numbers, its one of those feel good things to know that they at least visited, some might not sign up right away, it usually takes just another trip to the pump to trigger a memory of our high mpg #'s and they'll come running back..heh. I'm guilty :p

12. ellendanis

ellendanis Active Member

I found this site from the Reader's Digest article as well. It was perfect timing for me . . . I had surfed the web using terms like "fuel economy" or "gas savings" and found some good articles with tips (like air up the tires, proper maintenance etc.) but, didn't see this site in those searches.

I know it's nothing compared to most of you - but, I am pleased that my mpg has increased from 22.3 to 23.5 since joining. I really want to get over 24 (city) so, I will be in the next group buy for the ScanGuage. I have some questions about turning off the engine and coasting . . . I will post those later on the 'help' thread.

Ellen

13. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

The Readers Digest article is certainly making the rounds. It's good to know that it has brought people like you here to ask questions and get answers.

As far as your mpg... every decrease in fuel consumption counts. Keep up the good work!

14. ellendanis

ellendanis Active Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I just figured out that I am getting 19.8 more miles to a tankful of gas than before. That's a little bit more than a 5% increase. At 3.18/gal. - I am saving approx. $3.79 per tank . . . around $4/month . . . almost $50 a year.

I plan to put my savings toward those little pink, polka-dot high heels I saw at the mall yesterday! :p

Ellen

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  15. lamebums

lamebums Member

Well, now I'm obligated to crunch numbers. ;)

Before I started hypermiling, I averaged ~34 MPG (varied from 29 to 39).

Since then I've driven 4,045 miles per the mileage logs.

Without hypermiling it would have taken 118.97 gallons. At an average of $3.20 a gallon that's $380.71.

With hypermiling it took 90.805, or about $290.57 in gas. I've saved what, 90 dollars in three months? I don't even count the first month as true hypermiling because I did so poorly.

I'm going to say I'm saving an average of $50 a month in gas over "driving like a normal human". That's assuming prices don't rise and my MPG never increases. I think I'll keep hypermiling. :D

16. lamebums

lamebums Member

Just thought I'd bring up what I'm seeing here...

Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 231

17. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Today it got up to 267 members.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  18. mintsk8er

mintsk8er Well-Known Member

yeahpp, readers digest for me.... I don't even read it regularly. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of members is about to suddenly skyrocket. Word is getting out, gas is still going up, people are still getting crappy mileage. If anyone hears they can save gas now-a-days with little more than some driving habbit changes more than likely they'll at least try it.

19. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 Well-Known Member

Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 277
    14:56 EST

20. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Actually, it was 280 about 90 minutes ago.