Delta Flyer Signing In

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Chuck, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

This is Delta Flyer.

Most of you know I bought my silver 5-speed Insight new in Sept 2000, drove on the agressive side until 2003. The detail of hypermiling is for another thread, but at least two of my four accidents could have been avoided and my average mpg increased from about 55mpg to something around 70mpg.

I personally know how hard it is starting a forum - I have a pet forum that only needs daily members, and that's the biggest challenge on any bulletin board. Choosing vBulletin was a good move as it's both powerful and flexible. Lots of technical advise at www.vbulletin.com and www.vbulletin.org.

I'm looking forward to this forum grow....

2. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Thanks for dropping in. It is going to be difficult to grow because we don't want to compete with GreenHybrid as Jason has done a great job on that site and we don't want to take members away from him. However, I don't know if you read (or even if we have put it up yet) why we developed this site so I will give a brief explanation.

The site was started becase according to Jason GreenHybrid was not meant to be a hypermiling site. And now with GreenHybrid turning its focus towards being a shopping site for hybrids I think it is even more nessasary to have a seperate site for owners that want to get help after they already have a vehicle. Also, this site (and you probably noticed this) is not limited to hybrids. Of course, I suspect a large percentage of the users will own hybrids. We also want to encorage other drivers like the TDI groups to vist here and help expand the FE and emissions content for those particular vehicles.

3. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I agreed several weeks ago to drop in. Promotion without competing is a dicey proposition. There are plenty of things to do with a young site. One thing I need to do is to get listed on search engines.

4. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

woot type clean mpg in google!

5. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

Great to see you here Delta! Welcome.:D

6. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Hi Delta;

Not like me and you don't already know each other. :p

But hey Welcome anyway.:D

Terry

7. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Delta_Flyer:

___A warm welcome indeed! In particular, I hope you liked the 08 Honda Fit - Hybrid news … I was almost as excited as I am sure you were when I first read of it! Thank you for the encouragement a few weeks ago and the helpful links.

___Tom, I was going to register CleanMPG with Google last week but was waiting for a bit more polish. We still have a long way to go but you are right, Clean MPG made google for the first time! I think I will go open a cold can of Pepsi and celebrate :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne

8. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Wayne;

Just as a Heads-Up, that is how I find this Forum is through Google.

Terry