Welcome Ambynne!

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Chuck, May 23, 2006.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Welcome to CleanMPG!

Glad you came!

2. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Hi Ambynne!

I was asleep at the wheel and (Completely) missed you signing on here at CleanMPG. :eek:

However, It's not to Late to say, Welcome :D

3. Ambynne

Ambynne New Member

Thank you both!

After lurking for a while, I thought I would go ahead and register.

I've been trying to push the economy in my car for a while ('95 Accord Wagon, 5MT.) This forum is a nice change of pace!

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  4. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Nice to have you here. I think you will find this Forum to your liking. It is for (All-Vehicles) and the (Owners) of them. Any Vehicle can get better FE and this Forum is the Right Place to be to achieve that. (IMO). :D

5. Ambynne

Ambynne New Member

I've been monitoring the economy in my car since I bought it. I'm pulling 29.601 MPG over the lifetime of the car right now, currently with 89,569 miles on it. Range of best to worst I've done: 22.036 - 34.435, with the EPA rating it at 24/30 (26 average.)

I have some long distance trips coming up this summer from the east coast to the midwest. I followed a link here from a sig at standardshift (thanks johnf514 :D, [I've been lurking over there since before I bought this car, it's how I learned a stick in the first place]) hoping to pick up some techniques here to break 35mpg. But after just browsing some of the information here, I honestly don't think that will be a problem.

6. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Ambynne:
    ___Welcome to CleanMPG indeed! And this is the exact place where some real magic is performed for Accord owners in particular ;)

___Post a little about your setup (the VTEC w/ an EPA rated 25/31 or the std. 2.2 w/ an EPA rated 24/30), your daily drive, and what you do on that drive today in the Fuel Economy forums. With that info, we will do our best to help you achieve far beyond the 35 you were hoping for … I am thinking a 40 mpg tank might be just 1 or 2 months out with a little luck and aggressive change in habits? Even if you just take Hypermiling 101, you should be able to get that 35 in a very short period of time.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

7. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Welcome Ambynne! It's great to see another Accord owner come on the scene. Your goal of 35mpg seems extremely reasonable, and I agree with Wayne that 40mpg could well be attainable. Read up and let us know how you do!

Oh, and don't forget to set up a mileage log for yourself if you haven't done so already. It's a good motivator!